7. Trust Me - M

⚫️ Z A N E ⚫️

Pem's having a panic attack in the living room and we're just sitting here watching it happen.

"Do you trust me?" I whispered into Wren's ear.

He looked into my eyes with his watery baby blue's and whimpered as he nodded, "Yes, of course."

I peeled him off of my side and stole a quick peck from his soft lips.

This will work, it has to.

"Vance, I'm bringing Pem with me," I called over to Vance as I took hold of Pem's elbow and guided him to the door.

Vance briefly nodded at me in approval.

I needed to get Pem out of here so Vance could explain himself. The boy's were heartbroken seeing Pem get rejected; they were ready to fight. But I could tell that Fox, Connor and Ez knew what was up, the other's would be in good hands with them.

⚫️ V A N C E ⚫️

Jace just had to keep pushing. God I love that boy so much, but he knows better then to begin a courtship with someone without my approval. Of course I wanted Pem to be in a relationship with us but he wasn't ready yet. He just left detox and shared his heartbreaking story with us.

This is not like Ezra's joining at all. Pem is broken, Ez never was.

Pem was already in love with Jace and and Jace had a power over him that he didn't even fully realize. He was playing with fire and wasn't going to just burn himself, but set this whole house on fire; I will not allow that to happen.

As soon as Zane took Pem outside for air, I glanced around the room. Half were understanding, the other half were upset and pissed.

Taking a deep breath, "Jace, Milo," I called out, "come in here now, please."

They immediately walked in from the hallway where they were hiding.

"I'm so sorry Vance," Jace fell to his knees in front of me.

I opened my legs and pulled him in between my thighs as he wrapped his arms around my waist. His head lowered onto my lap as my hand found his head and smoothed his messy hair down. He'd been freaking out and dragging his hands through his hair, typical Jace when he's nervous.

"I know he's not ready," he muffled out onto my pant leg.

I could feel the fabric getting wet from his tears as he sniffled.

I looked at the boys around me, but spoke to Jace, "He just got to the house, we find out he has addictions, he's sent to detox the very same night he arrives; fans are trailing him and he just returned to the house where he told us his gut wrenching story," I sighed.

Jace picked up his head, his watery eyes found mine, "I didn't realize it before, but I'm in love with him, Vance," a tear slid down his face as I wiped it away.

"I know baby, and he's madly in love with you," I bent down and gently kissed his forehead. "But you have a power over him, I suspect that you always have and never even knew it. But if he joins our relationship now, without forming a bond with everyone else, it's highly likely that he never will. He'll only want you, and unless you're willing to leave us..."

Jace whimpered and shook his head, "No, never! I can't live without you guys!"

"Then we must wait, until he is willing to open up to everyone, not just you."

🌟 P E M 🌟

I was beyond grateful that Zane dragged me out of that stifling house. I was suffocating and couldn't breathe in there.