11. Finally Breathe

⚫️ J A C E ⚫️

Damn you, Pem.

I rubbed my hands down my tear streaked face. "When, Vance? When did you find out?" My voice coming out muffled through my hands.

"Yesterday, when his manager showed up," he said.

He was so stoic, I love Vance, with all of my being, but he was acting all casual, like we were having afternoon tea and my heart didn't fucking just walk out of my life.

"And you let him take me up to my room, give everything to me, just to rip it away...and you didn't think to tell me?" I shouted in disbelief.

I stood up and placed the floor, "I trusted you, Vance," I stopped in front of him, "you lied to me, you withheld information that I had every right to know!" I started pacing again, "I could've talked him out of it, I could've gotten him to stay!"

"And he knew that, Jace, that's why he asked me not to tell you, he's under contract, he had to go," Vance's deep voice held firm.

"I'm going to go to him," I stopped pacing and glared at Vance.

"No," he held my stare, "he doesn't want you to."

"What?" I expelled, "Why not?"

"He has his reasons," Vance whispered.

"That's not good enough!" I slammed my fist into the wall, the pain instantly overtook me, I held my wrist as I keeled over, "What reasons, Vance? Tell me, I need to know!" I gasped out.

He stood up and pulled me close to him, taking my wrist in his hand as he inspected the damage.

"We need ice," he said to the room.

I saw Wren jump up from his seat and run to the kitchen, He speedily returned with an ice pack, which Vance took and gingerly placed it on my hand, I winced in pain.

"Jace, he's afraid," he hummed out as I met his gorgeous eyes.

"What? Why? Is he in trouble?"

"Not like that, he's afraid that he'll get us in trouble, if the paparazzi ever found out about our relationship, we'd lose everything. I tried to reassure him, but he doesn't want to risk it. He's not thinking of himself...he's doing it for us," he sighed, eyes lowered. "He doesn't want to ruin what you have here," Vance looked over to everyone, "What we all have, he'd rather live in misery then hurt us," Vance's eyes teared. "And that is why... after his contract obligations are up, in one month, if he doesn't come back to us, then we'll go get him."

"You promise?" I whispered.

He nodded his head, then frowned, "Jace, he might not come back, he was very adamant about his choice, I need you to know when to let go," he held my chin in his hand, Steele gray eyes piercing my blue ones.

"No..." I shook my head in defiance, "I won't leave him. I failed him when we were growing up, I wont do it again, not after last night, Vance, and I know the alternative," I sighed, "I'm sorry, but if there's a choice, there's only one I can make," I rasped.

There were gasps throughout the quiet room.

"No Jace, you don't mean that! You wouldn't leave us!" Milo cried out, "you wouldn't leave...me?" a tear escaped the corner of his eye.