4. Withdrawal - M

🌟 P E M 🌟

My body felt as though it was on fire, sweat pooled on the sheets below me as I groaned and thrashed about. The thin, scratchy material of the blanket suctioned tight to my heated body as I twisted and turned. It was impossible to get comfortable!

This was not okay, why did I let them talk me into coming here to detox? Maybe it was the way Ezra's enchanting eyes looked at me all concerned and loving? The guy doesn't even know me, we met that day and he was acting like he gave two shits about me.

And Jace, where do I even start? He cried when he saw how bad off I really was! As much as I was mortified, it still feels so fucking good to see him suffer... the shit he and my brother put me through was painful, he needs to know the damage he's caused!

What about Milo? His adorable little face held so much pity for me...he needs to keep his disappointment of me to himself, he's too innocent to show any charity towards me. I'd chew him up and spit him out if I had the chance.

I was still in the process of mentally cursing the guys at The Centre, when a middle aged, long haired, hipster walked into the room.

With as much malice as I could muster through the pain, "What do you want?" I growled out through clenched teeth.

"Well, good morning to you, too," he chuckled.

His chipper voice was like hearing nails on a chalkboard. I wanted to punch him in his baby face and knock the glasses right off of him, but the thought of moving off the bed, even an inch in any direction had me chained in place.

I grunted, "How long am I in here for?"

"That depends, how do you feel?"

"Like complete shit! Just tell me how long!" I spat out.

"I'd say about another three days, but we'll take it day by day," he drawled.

"We'll do nothing, I'm out of here as soon as this shit's out of my system!"

Just then I heard someone scream out in agony through the walls.

God, I want to scream too, so sooo badly.

A whimper involuntarily escaped my dry and cracked lips.

"Here, let me give you something to help with the pain. It will make you feel tired as well, which is good, you'll want to sleep through the withdrawal symptoms," he placated.

Yes, please!

"Ngggh...Okay," I started to nod my head but stopped immediately when the feeling of nausea overtook me.

The quirky little man fiddled with the IV, once done he went over to the door and flipped the light switch, enveloping me in darkness.

"Sweet dreams," he called out as he left.

So not cute.

I ignored him as my eyelids became heavier and the nausea started to subside.

⚫️ J A C E ⚫️

I've been glued to the PlayStation in the game room for two days now, trying to get my mind off of a certain celebrity. The feelings of guilt and shame hovered over me, dragging me down.

The boys were getting restless due to my irritable mood, even Milo's sweet encouragement didn't help to shake the uneasy feeling I was having.

I know that Pem's drug and alcohol dependency issues aren't completely my fault, but I'm positive that I played a heavy roll in them.