3. vee

"I've been with Corpse this whole time, he would've killed me by now" He heard Venus' voice through his headphones and a smile automatically appeared on his face.

'He's a simp'
'He doesn't kill her bc he's a fucking simp'
'Venus is streaming'

When he read the last one, his mouse moved to open her stream, after a few seconds, Venus' face appeared. She was wearing a pink hoodie and a black beanie, she had no makeup on and a smile was brightening her face.

"I really like Corpse, he is so cool. I haven't said anything about the collab to him, but could you imagine if we did one? Like, him narrating the background of some abandoned asylum?" Her eyes scanned through her chat and her smile faltered. "That's so rude. I'm not going to ask to show me his face... " She leaned in, almost like she was making sure she read something correctly. "How am I being a bitch? I- fuck that, I'm being respectful towards him."

She cursed under her breath.

"If he wants to keep his identity private, then you should respect that too."

Corpse started feeling a little angry, returning to his own game he started talking to his chat while he pretended to do some tasks and followed Venus around.

"It's fucking crazy how much you guys started hating on Venus, I just said she's pretty, if you can't fucking see that then you are blind." He ranted. "She is so incredibly nice to me, it's not even funny how sweet she is, and you just- ugh, just please stop the hate."

He saw a red avatar walking towards him and Venus. Corpse didn't even cared at this point if the other girl said anything, so he clicked the Kill button. Venus' character walked past it, and when she noticed Corpse wasn't following she came back and moved in circles around him.

"Is she not going to...?"

Corpse followed her and waited for her to do her task on Electrical when someone reported a body and they were called to a meeting.

"Who died?" He heard Venus ask.

"Rae" Sykkuno informed with a fake sad tone. "She will be missed"

"A moment of silence, please" Everyone played along with Venus, Corpse noticed she was stalling. "That's enough, who did it? Who killed my woman?"

"I found her at Admin." Toast said

"I was with Vee at Electrical."

"Oh, 'Vee'?" Jack laughed "Are you already on that level of your relationship? What about pet names? You there yet?"

"Leave my baby alone, Seán"

They all went silent.

Corpse blushed even though he knew she was just stalling. "Baby"... her voice almost echoed in his head, making his heart beat faster.

"Uh... skip, then?" He cut through the silence when the timer started going red.

(...)

Corpse realized Venus was the only one left on Discord.

"Venus?"

He watched as her black screen was replaced with a real-time video of her. Her smile was sweet and her black hair shined under her LED lights.

"Hi, Corpse."

Oh God, why was he so nervous?

"I was wondering if... you would... would you like to, I don't know, uhm... Can I have your number?"

He cringed at himself and felt his anxiety creep up on his mind.

"Sure." She shrugged her shoulders and typed something, almost immediately 10 digits appeared on the chat. "So... how are you?"

"I'm good, a bit of pain on my arms but I'm kind of used to it... How are you? Are you liking being a gamer?"

"Not even. I don't even have proper equipment." She laughed and adjusted her camera so Corpse could see the room she was in. "I'm at Colby's place, he has like a fancy mic and an actual PC." The bed had a black comforter and the furniture was made from a dark wood, weird (almost demonic) statues sat across the room.

"Your boyfriend's room is... dark."

"Never say that again, oh my fuck, that was terrifying. Colby my boyfriend? He is like my brother."

"Sorry."

"I need to go film a video but... we should... play together... sometime soon?" She asked, suddenly feeling shy.

"Oh, sure, yeah... okay." He awkwardly responded

When she finally disconnected he let a sigh out.

They are barely friends why is his heart doing that when he hears Venus' voice?