10. it really isn't

INCOMING CALL...
MAYBE: v🖤
ACCEPT      DECLINE

"Venus?" He immediately said as he picked up

Corpse heard her shaky breath from the other side of the phone and his heart sank.

"Venus?"

"My phone broke." Is all she said, her voice was hoarse.

"Are you crying?" The pink-haired girl started sobbing in silence. "Venus, please don't cry, tell me what's wrong."

"He-He came in and started yelling and- salaud, he saw you were texting me and he got mad so he... threw my phone across the room." Venus said more stable. "I thought he was going to hit me..." She whispered sounding small. "My neighbor heard the yelling and called the police but since John didn't actually touched me he just got charged for breaking in."

"What the fuck."

"Yeah... he got out this morning because he paid the bail."

"Why are you so chill about this?" He was getting mad, so he took a deep breath and sighed. "Venus, you need to get out of your apartment, you can't live there anymore."

"I spent the last three days crying." She admitted. "And I know I need to move, it's just... Why do I have to be the one running away?"

"It's not fair-"

"It really isn't."

"But your pride doesn't come before your safety. I'm worried about you."

"I'm sorry, the last thing you probably need is this."

"Maybe... no, fuck, forget it."

"Tell me. Please?"

"I was thinking maybe you could... fuck I don't know if it's too much. Is it?"

She laughed softly and a smile appeared on him. Maybe it was worth the shot.

"How can I know if it's too much if you don't tell me anything?"

"You could come to San Diego with me after Thanksgiving."

The silence terrified him and when he was about to take back what he said she started talking.

"I would love to."