25. and i want you

Venus stares at her phone with nothing on her brain

Venus stares at her phone with nothing on her brain. White noise, there seems to only be white noice in her head as she stares at her screen.

That can't be real.

She clicks on the play button.

I don't want to look like this
Fuck
I don't want to feel like this
Fuck
Wish I didn't miss her so
Much

Venus reads the lyrics at the same time Corpse is singing them in the song. She hears some references to that one phone call where Corpse shattered a mirror and her heart keeps sinking further in her chest as the Corpse in the song keeps talking about missing "her".

Knew that this would happen, fuck love

The song ends with a voice note of Venus saying: Are you fucking drunk?

Her Twitter notifications are going insane, she can see a lot of people are mentioning her. Her tagged pictures on her profile are mainly the screenshot from Spotify her mind is so fixated on.

So she plays the song over and over again on her computer and puts her phone in silence. She listens to Miss YOU! until her sibling walk in and find her in the kitchen floor with her Macbook by her head.

"Dude, look at this!" Adonis lays on the floor beside her and shoves his phone on her face.

She's trending on Twitter.

"He called you." Calliope says. "And messaged you."

"What'd he said?" She sits with her legs crossed.

"He says..." Her sister's eyes open big. "No fucking way! Read that shit!"

corpse: at this point i don't fucking care about anything
i just want you
i've realized im miserable without you
and ive always known what i want, i was just too afraid to admit it
and i want you

"He..." She covers her mouth with her hand. "He's got to be joking, right?" Venus asks her siblings.

"He's not, I gave him your address." Corbin says from the door. The brown haired guy shrugs. "I was tired of you moping around."

"I was not moping around!"

"Venus, you act all tough and 'call me when you know what you want' but you're not that person." He rolls his eyes. "And you should shower or something because he's arriving in..." Corbin looks at his phone. "10 minutes or so."

"What?" She stands up. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Venus looks around, her apartment is a mess.

"Nope, we're leaving. Good luck!" Corbin practically drags Calliope and Adonis out of her place. They're gone and Venus is left alone, freaking out.

Then, her doorbell rings.