19. we need to talk

Venus stares at her wardrobe rack and sighs. That one latex suit looks uncomfortable, but hey, at least she will look hot as hell.

"You're gonna start in a parking lot, then you kinda get crazier as you remember the fight you just got in and then boom! Next thing you know, you're in a white room with a straitjacket and finally, between takes there's gonna be also you with that latex thing and... well you read the script, you just need to look crazy." MGK says with sleepy eyes and a smile.

"I'm good at crazy."

"Blonde ones always are."

"You're blond." She says pointing at his hair, he laughs softly, looks her up and down and smirks.

"That's why I said it." He winks playfully at her. "I like you Venus, you're a good kid." She remember there's a 10 year gap between them, he probably sees her as a little sister.

"You make yourself look way older than you actually are."

"I know, it's the dad thing. Sometimes I just go into a room and stare at the window... the other day my kid showed me a TikTok and I asked who it was..." He says almost ashamed.

"No!" Venus covers her mouth, holding back her laughter as she remembers her mom does the same thing.

"When Casie said 'Dad, he's just someone from the internet' I felt the dad-ness down on me." This time she laughs, and the blond guy looks proud of his little joke.

"That's- oh." She looks at the door and her laughter dies, the sound getting stuck in her throat almost choking her.

A dark haired man is staring at them, a mask hides most of his face, and his curls cover his forehead. Venus looks around to make sure no one has their phone out, then she remembers the transparent container at the entrance full of phones.

"I prohibited any sort of recordings or pictures." Colson explains.

"Oh." That was nice of him.

"He looks like he wants to kill me." The blond says. She notices, by the tone of his voice, that he's having fun.

"Does he knows you're dating Megan fucking Fox?" She whispers back.

"You're probably his Megan Fox." With that, he takes her by the shoulders and leads her to a chair so they makeup artist can add the finishing touches.

Venus is painfully aware of Corpse's presence as she hears him greet MGK.

I'm sorry I miss you.

His words are echoing on her brain. Why can't she have a normal, healthy relationship? First it was John and his stalker ass. Then Corpse with... commitment issues?

"Venus, this is Corpse. Corpse this is Venus, she's you on the music video." MGK introduces them with a devilish smile.

"Nice to meet you." She says harshly, as if three nights ago he hadn't drunk called her.

"Nice to meet you too." He answers.

And her blood actually boils. Her stomach twists in a knot and she feels like punching him straight in the face.

I'm sorry I miss you, my ass!

"You're pretty shit at 'not being ready to be in a relationship', you know?" Venus says after they wrapped up the video production. She can't bring herself to care about the fact that she's wiping off the fake blood and makeup with a wipe.

"I said I was sorry."

And he has the audacity to give her attitude?

"I never said I forgave you." Venus start walking out of the building with Corpse right behind her.

"Can you please listen to what I have to say?" He sounds desperate.

"I don't care." She does.

"Where are you even going?"

"Away from you." She doesn't mean it.

"For fucks sake, do you plan to walk... wherever it is you're going?"

"Yes."

"Where?"

She doesn't answers. The anger she hadn't felt that day he left her with the breakfast made and a heart broken was surfacing now. Venus felt slightly guilty about it, but for once, she was going to put herself first and not a guy (well, she plans to).

They walk for a good 30 minutes in silence, she reaches a pretty house with a big metal door in the front and presses some buttons to open the door.

"We need to talk."