12. thanksgiving

"here" She read.

Her hands trembled as she turned the doorknob. With a sigh, she hope her nervousness wouldn't show as she opened the door, revealing a man dresses in all black and a black mask on his bottom half of his face.

Corpse had curly dark hair, he was tall, he would tower over her if he leaned closer. His eyes were the prettiest shade of brown she had ever seen, his lashes long and eyebrows thick. He even had a little mole on the corner of his left eye.

"Hi." He said with his deep voice sending shivers down Venus' spine. "You look beautiful." He compliments her makeup.

"Hey, hi. Thanks." She stepped aside. "Come in, please."

She close the door after him and sighed again. When she turned around Corpse was closer than she had expected.

"Sorry I didn't see you there."

"Are you nervous?" She could practically hear the mockery in his voice.

"No." She bit her lip, looking down. "I'm fine."

"Look at me, Vee." He whispered. Her head almost immediately shot up. She could see he was smiling behind his mask by the way his eyes crinkled.

When his finger hooked around the elastic of his mask, her hand covered his, stopping him.

"What are you doing?" She asked in panic.

"I'm taking this off." Corpse almost said in a questioning tone. "It's fine, Venus, I want you to see me."

"Sorry. Go ahead."

She stepped back slowly and took a breath when he pulled the soft fabric away from his face, revealing soft pink lips and a sharp jaw. She wanted to reach out and touch him, but it felt too intrusive.

"Please say something." Venus realized he was now panicking, scared of her silence and interpreting it as a bad sign. When in reality, words were stuck in her throat because of the shock.

"You are..." Magnetic, she wants say. "handsome, very." Is what ends up coming out of her mouth. Her cheeks burn pink at the realization of what she just said.

"I'm not. But thank you." He also blushes and she feels like she could melt right there.

"And cute."

"Stop it." He laughs softly and it's all it takes to brake the initials awkwardness of the situation. It's right at that moment when she realizes he's holding a bouquet of soft pink tulips. When he notices what shes looking at, he stretches his arm in her direction, handing the flowers. "I felt weird coming in empty handed and-and I remembered you told me no one ever gave you flowers, so... I got these for you."

"You didn't had to." She takes them and admires them, her heart pounding in her chest.

"The lady said it was a nice gesture."

"Thank you." She wants to hug him, but hesitates and Corpse seems to realize. So he steps towards her and wraps both of his arma around her lower back, making her stand in her toes when she wrapped her arma around his neck.