27. somewhere. anywhere

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone- or anything, for that matter, as beautiful as you." He said with his hand on her lower back. She looks up and his heart stops.

Bright blue eyes shine at him, her long lashes flutter as a smile grows on her lips. Venus almost has her whole body on top of him as they lay in her bed.

"You know... I listened to a lot of The Neighbourhood when we broke up." His hand (the one on her back) is tracing little figures that make her get goosebumps. She listens intently at every single word he says. "I also listened to a lot of Harry Styles, which made me really go through it." Corpse laughs softly, the sound vibrating on Venus' palm resting on his chest.

He sighs.

"I didn't... I never understood heartbreak, those cheesy as fuck lyrics were meaningless to me, but then you just... stormed into my life and... made them make sense." He gulps, like he's preparing to say something he doesn't want to. "I never knew love like this."

She knows that's not what made his breath shake, so she puts her face to the side and rests her cheek on his chest.

"My mom was not affectionate, she never showed any kind of... whatever, she tried her hardest to bring money so we didn't really saw each other that often, you know?"

No. She didn't, her mom was as attentive, affectionate and loving as a parent could get. But she nodded anyways.

"I have a fair amount of issues, is what I'm trying to say. Like, do you realize how fucked up it is that you're the person I love the most and I keep hurting you?"

She rolls to her side of the bed and sits up with her legs crossed. His hand immediately shot up to touch her knee, an unconscious gesture, almost a reflex, she notes to herself.

"I just need to know, if you can be with anyone, literally anyone you want, someone better... perhaps, why did you chose me?" His tone is desperate, wounded, but it still irritates her. "I'm slowly dying, for fucks sake."

Venus rolls her eyes, tired of his bullshit.

"Why would I choose to love anyone else when you're right in front of me?"

She stares at him with annoyance when he doesn't reply and the next thing that comes out of her mouth causes his heart to beat faster.

"I will be by your side 'till the day you die, then. Now suck it up, mon amour." Venus stands up. "We're going to the airport."

"Why?" He groans.

"We're leaving."

"Where?"

"Somewhere. Anywhere." She opens a drawer and starts picking out underwear. "Get your ass up and start packing."

"Why?" He stands up and opens the drawer she gave to him, there's barely any clothing there, so he just puts everything on the little suitcase he brought along.

"We're young, we have the money... what do you mean "why"?" She holds up a lingerie set and throws it to her bed. "It'll be fun."

"It's reckless."

"Live a little, Corpse." She bends down to pick up her AF1's.

He rolled her eyes and smacked her ass with a smirk.

"Hey!"

"You said live a little!" He laughed softly, she was smiling so Corpse knew she wasn't mad.

"Is that your concept of living a little, bitch?"

"Uh, yeah?" He pulls her towards him, her butt fully cupped in both of his hands. Corpse lifted her body, her legs immediately wrapping around his waist.

"You're an idiot."

"I am." He leads them towards the bed, her back to the mattress and him on top of her.

"Get your knee out of there." She pushes him. "I know what you're doing, and it's not going to work."

"So no head?" He asks dead serious.

Venus blinks slowly, her cheeks slowly turn red and laughter comes loudly out of her mouth.

"Did you just quote me a vine?" She puts a hand on her lips, trying to silence her laugh.

"What if I did?"

"Then I'd say we're more meant for each other than I thought we were." He smiles and her heart melts.

Corpse rarely smiled.