🥀{|[I wish that were me]|}🥀

Sabigiyuu week day 3: arranged marriage 

A/N: I added mi oc, Ichika, in this for the more ✨angsty feeling✨

Wedding bells ringing. Everyone wearing their most elegant clothes. Cheering, cheering everywhere. Everyone has a smile on their faces. It was a happy day. Or, it was supposed to.

Sabito saw the person he has liked for the longest time, looking at someone else. About to get married to someone else. I wish that were me. 

As Sabito moved his lavender eyes and saw Giyuu's deep blue eyes looking in the eyes of Shinobu, taking her hand, as Sabito tried to keep his tears in. I wish that were me.

He tried his best not to cry. He tried to feel happy for his beloved, knowing that this was probably what was best for him. Giyuu was probably happy. Even if it was an arranged marriage between Shinobu and Giyuu to make things easier around. Sabito saw how Giyuu looked at Shinobu during the wedding, even before the wedding was announced.

Did he truly have feelings for Shinobu? Is that why Giyuu seemed so happy? But why Shinobu when Sabito has been with him all this time? Oh, why wasnt it me? Why her and not me? Am I not good enough for Giyuu? Not good enough to be put through even an arranged marriage with Giyuu? I wish that were me.

When Sabito first found out about the arranged marriage, he was avoiding to go. He knew that he was gonna get broken like this. He thought that Giyuu would refuse to go to the wedding based off of his reaction.

But Sabito knew that he had to be at this wedding, even if it digs into his heart, pulling at his heartstrings. He wanted to make Giyuu happy, even if he was going to get married and sent off to someone other than him. Why wasnt it me?

He continued to watch the wedding, acting as if he was fine. Acting as if he was happy for Giyuu. Dont get him wrong, Sabito was happy for Giyuu. But that fact still doesnt cover up his grief for seeing his crush with someone else.

As the wedding came to its end, the newly wed couple shared a kiss, pulling at the peach haired man's heart strings even more. It hurt. It really did. He couldnt handle the pain.

Once the wedding was over, Sabito congratulated Giyuu, trying his best to hide his true emotions about the situation. Fake smile, fake eye expression, but he faked it rather well. Stop being immature. Man up. You know that he wasnt going to be yours in the first place. Oh, why couldn't it be me?

After almost everyone left, Sabito rushed to the bathroom, making sure no one was around to see him cry, to see him get weak over a simple feeling. "WHY DONT YOU MAN UP!!" he starts yelling at himself in the mirror, hot tears streaming down his face. "LOVE IS A TEMPORARY FEELING!! STOP BEING SO GOD DAMN DRAMATIC OVER THIS FUCKING FEELING!!"

He continued yelling at himself in the mirror, his salty tears all over his face. He let out all his heart break and emotions onto himself, telling himself it's no use, even if he does cry about it, he wont fix anything.  "Why wasn't it me?"

Once he finished crying, he cleaned his face and tried calming down a bit before coming out of the bathroom. Once he did, he saw a short girl with medium lengthed brown hair, fading off to a green color, the hair put up in a flower bun. She was wearing a few hot pink ribbons for decor in her hair, as well as a white and light green dress with flowers.

Sabito looked closely at the girl. She seems happy, but he noticed that the smile was fake. The girl's sunflower yellow eyes were filled with sorrow, as if she has lost something close to her.

"Let's go, Saika!!" Mitsuri calls out to the girl, excited for the wedding party. "I-I'll be right there..." the girl responds. Sabito notices a bit of hurt in her voice, finally knowing that this girl has been going through the same thing that he went through.

Sabito walked up to Saika, patting her back lightly, which the girl responded by jumping, looking up at Sabito. She noticed how Sabito had the same sorrowful expression she had and sighed. "Hey..Saika, was it?" The girl nods her head. "Dont worry. You're not alone. We'll go through this hurt together" the peach haired man says as he looked at the newly wed couple.

Saika also looks at the couple, feeling a few tears coming to her face, trying to dry them off before they fall. "Yeah...Hopefully" she responded.

The two stayed silent for a while before Sabito spoke up again. "....You liked him too?" He asked, which Saika responded with shaking her head. "No. I actually liked her."

A/N: AYYYY, MAH DEMIGIRL ICHIKA SAIKA HERE!! AAAAAAAAA LE PAIÑ.
Sorry for it being shorter than usual, I just didnt know what to write here, the chapter was mainly just Sabito wishing that he got married to Giyuu instead of Shinobu marrying Giyuu.