🥀{|[Don't worry, he's dead (pt 3)]|}🥀

"S-SABITO!!" I heared Giyuu call out one last time. But it was too late. I jumped and the last thing I saw was the massive hand of the demon before me.

A/N: MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND DEATH, EVEN MORE THAN WHAT HAPPENED IN THE CANON UNIVERSE, PLUS, ITS RATHER DESCRIPTIVE.

Giyuu's POV 

All I saw after Sabito jumped was the hand demon grabbing his head and squishing it as if it was a grape. The blood all over his hand and Sabito's body dropping dead to the ground. His internal head organs shown as well. It was horrifying, upsetting, I just felt myself freeze. Flower stems were growing out as well. I felt my face becoming more wet from my tears, seeing my best friend, whom I started to love, now dead before me. 

I felt eyes all looking at me, the shame I feel right at this moment, but I shook that off. The guilt I feel due to Sabito's death, I wish I could've done something. I'm such a bad friend, not doing anything at all. Why did he have to die?

I tried to run over to Sabito, just to hold him one last time, but everyone stopped me.

"Let me go!! I need to get to him!!"

"No, don't, you'll be killed too!!"

"I don't fucking care!! I just want to see my Sabito!!" 

I struggled to try and get out of everyone's hold, but failed. I can sense the hand demon grinning as he licked off the blood from his hand.

"YOU BASTARD!! TAKING THE ONE PERSON I LOVE!! HOW COULD YOU!!"

I couldn't control myself, multiple people holding me back until I ran out of energy. 

"I wish I would've died in place of him..." I whispered as I landed on the ground, crying.

I walked home slowly. Tired, mad, depressed, shamed. Everyone survived the final selection that day, except Sabito. The pain I feel is too much for 13 year old me to handle. He said he was going to be ok? Why did he have to do this?

It was late at night, and climbing up a mountain when you're hurt badly is hard to do. Urokodaki saw me from the distance and ran up to hug me. I cried into his haori. I know that Urokodaki-san knows about Sabito.

I coughed a bit. Blood. And a flower petal? My throat hurts from the cough too. I coughed again, more blood coming out. 

"Oh god, this is severe" 

"W-what is it?" 

"You'll find out once we get to the nurse"

Urokodaki took me to the nearest village, carrying me. I was wheezing badly, I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was dying. 

"I don't know what we could do for you." The nurse said once we arrived. 

"B-but what caused it?" I asked 

"Unrequited love, that's what. We need to take the stem out, this is severe."

"N-no!!" 

"Then the only other option is to make your love interest like you back. Who is your love interest? You can try to talk to them and get your feelings talked out and-" 

"N-no"

"But you'll die!!"

"That's fine!! Besides... he's dead anyways.." I say before coughing out a few full flowers, a beautiful red Cyprus flower and a black rose, and then slowly drifting asleep.