🥀{|[Don't worry, he's dead (pt 2)]|}🥀

Hanahaki, huh?

Well, even if it means I'll die, I will never stop loving you, Giyuu.

A/N: MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND DEATH, EVEN MORE THAN WHAT HAPPENED IN THE CANON UNIVERSE, PLUS, ITS RATHER DESCRIPTIVE.

Sabito's POV 

Few months passed ever since Urokodaki told me about my current situation. Hanahaki. Usually, anyone with hanahaki would have trouble deciding whether or not they should surgically remove the plant from their system before it clogs up in their throat. Now, that seems like the best solution, but they also forget about the one that caused them to get the disease. 

Now, I didn't want to forget about Giyuu.

So I'd face death in situation. Sure, because of this, I won't be able to protect Giyuu in the future because of my situation. But I hope that one day, maybe, he would return my feelings. 

But even if he didn't, i still wouldn't mind. All I care about now is Giyuu's well being, his health, his happiness. 

The final selection is coming up in a few days, and all that's on my mind currently is Giyuu. At this point, I know that I'm going to die soon anyways, so it was up to me to at least take care of Giyuu and prevent him from dying.

I know I'm going to die, but if he dies, and God knows that I can't live without him, I'm going to have to kill myself, just so I can have a peaceful life with Giyuu.

I continued to train harder, but my hanahaki case has been getting worse over time. Instead of few splatters of blood, it's clusters. Instead of the usual small white petals that comes with the blood and internal pain, it because full flowers. Not to mention that my breathing itself got way worse. It felt like a severe case of asthma, even asthma attacks, that happen every second, and there was no cure for it. 

Even with my severe case of hanahaki, and the knowledge of me dying soon, I'm still training hard, trying my best to get better, not only for myself, but for Giyuu as well.

As I was swinging my sword, I heared the light of my life calling out to me. 

"Sabito!! Shouldn't you be resting?" 

"Nah, I'm alright, I want to be able to protect you in the final selection." I answered with a smile. He smiled back, and I really couldn't help but blush slightly. 

"You're the greatest friend anyone can ever ask for" he said while reaching out for a hug. 

Friend? Yeah, friend. Best friend, even. That's what I am, that's why I want to protect you....who am I kidding, I love you... I wish I could say it.

I felt my heart shatter at that moment, my face muscles trying to enforce a smile. "Yeah, I'll never leave your side, Giyuu"

"I know that!" He chucked. 

Poor Giyuu, he doesn't know that I'm going to have to die eventually because of this disease. But I'd rather see his smile on my final days rather than his tears. As long as he's happy, I feel alive.

The next day, me and Giyuu were walking to the final selection, hand in hand, our fingers intertwining with each other. I bet, in his little innocent mind, he didn't think much of it, but to me, it was heaven.

I looked much weaker due to this disease. My muscles were shrinking a bit, and it kind of looks like I've malnourished. I've also grew pale due to the lack of proper food, water and air support. Urokodaki and Giyuu both tried to convince me to not go, but I still had to go. I won't let a simple disease get to me. 

We were at the sight and waited for everyone to come in order for the event to start. There seemed to be over 20 people here. I hope they all survive. I hope me and Giyuu survive. 

Once everyone was here, the start was announced, me and Giyuu headed towards the same direction. The stem in my throat was growing. It was very painful, feeling the thorns scratching the inside, and I was loosing air, but I tried to keep up just to stay with Giyuu for longer. 

The number of screams we heard scared Giyuu. I looked over to him before grabbing his hand. Without thinking, I lightly kissed his hand saying 

"Let's fight like men."

Giyuu's face turned red after I kissed his hand, and once I processed it, my face turned red as well. 

"Yeah, let's fight like men" Giyuu chuckles, smiling.

He didn't think much of it, but he's so adorable. I definitely made him feel better. And he made me feel better too. There wasn't as much pain, as well as my airway being a bit more clear. 

It's finally happening!! I'm being cured!!

We survived in the test for a good few days. Most of the demons were easy to kill, but the real challenge was the hand demon. Everyone seemed to run away from the demon once it tried catching them due to the demon's huge size. 

"You all are no fun, running away from me. I just want to eat you."

That infuriated me, so I ran towards this mother fucker. 

"S-Sabito!! No, don't!!"

"Giyuu" I looked back, walking up to him.

"Sabito, please don't. I know you want to prove yourself, but you would get killed. I don't want you to die!!" Giyuu softly said, tears going down his soft skin. 

I didn't want to see a sad Giyuu, but this seemed to be for the best. It hurts me, sure, but I don't mind dying just to see Giyuu walk out of here alive. I wipe off his tears, caressing his cheek before kissing his forehead.

"I have to do this, Giyuu, you go take care of everyone else. I'll handle him." I said before running towards the hand demon. 

"S-SABITO!!" I heared Giyuu call out one last time. But it was too late. I jumped and the last thing I saw was the massive hand of the demon before me.