🥀{|[Don't worry, he's dead (pt 1)]|}🥀

A/N: MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND DEATH, EVEN MORE THAN WHAT HAPPENED IN THE CANON UNIVERSE, PLUS, ITS RATHER DESCRIPTIVE. 

He loves me.

He loves me not.

He loves me.

He loves me not.

Sabito's POV

I have liked Giyuu for a while, ever since I've met him. I mean, look at him!! His deep ocean blue eyes that shine brightly in the sun, for example. It's perfect!! Not to mention his cheerful and innocent attitude. Even things that he would consider huge flaws, such as his fear of dogs, is really adorable. Every time I look at his smiling face, I feel the urge to protect this boy. Hug him. Kiss him. Cuddle him. Just love him. He deserves all the love in the world, even if he doesn't know that. 

My only problem is.

What if he doesn't feel the same about me?

I mean, it makes sense why I think so. We're both guys in a time where gay couples aren't really that common. Not only that, I don't know if Giyuu has a thing for men. Or what his opinion on boys liking boys are. Sure, I can always ask Giyuu what his opinions are, but I don't want to ruin our friendship because of a rise of suspicion. I'd rather keep our friendship than confess my feelings to him. It hurts that he doesn't know, but it's fine for now, I guess. 

Not only did it hurt emotionally and mentally. It hurt physically as well. It was weird that it did but I never questioned it. I always thought it was normal for people to experience physical pain. Specifically the feeling where your chest is blocked by something and you can barely breath. Every breath you take hurts badly, it's normal, right?

Anyways, I was training once more with Giyuu, Urokodaki watching us closely to make sure we don't slip up. Urokodaki is always there for us whenever we need him, always supporting us when we don't support ourselves. Come to think of it, maybe I can ask him about what I should do. But after my training, of course. I am already pretty good at swinging and aiming my sword, but in order to be able to protect Giyuu in the future, I have to become better. 

But how would I be able to protect Giyuu if I can't breath properly?

As I was swinging my sword, a huge wheeze coming from my chest, following by coughs. Harsh coughs, loud ones that cover up my air flow. Giyuu and Urokodaki's attention both on me, as worry appeared on both their faces and auras. "Sabito? A-are you ok?" Giyuu asked me in concern as he and Urokodaki both walk up to me. Giyuu's voice never ceases to amaze me, making me feel warmth inside my body. "Yeah, I am, Giyuu. Remember, I'm strong. No cough can bring me down!" I said with a smile.

I hope that I was right. I hope that it's just a cold that would stay for a day or two.

"You sure you don't want a break?" Urokodaki asked in order to confirm that I was alright. I just nodded and started swinging my sword once more, seeing that Giyuu has done the same. I will stay alive for you, Giyuu. I will continue to the end with you.

But before you know it, my airway was clogged once more, this time, not only was I coughing harshly to the point where it hurt, I was choking. Choking on something, needing to be taken out of me. I had no idea what it was, but it knocked me down to my knees. I felt weak.

Giyuu ran up to me once more, trying to keep me up. "Sabito!! Sabito!! Stay with me, what happened??" 

I tried to answer him, but my throat couldn't, just continued to gag up the mysterious thing stuck in it. I let out one last push and out came...

Blood? Flower petals?

Giyuu's eyes looked at the blood coming out in horror, and I felt Urokodaki tense up as well. "Giyuu, take Sabito inside," he ordered. I tried to stay up so Giyuu wouldn't have to carry me, but I had to faint anyways at the loss of blood. As I closed my eyes, my mind couldn't help but wander.

Blood?

How? 

What happened?

Why did this happen all of a sudden? 

And flower petals too?

Is that why my chest was clogged and hurting?

I woke up a bit later just to see myself in a futon, Urokodaki on one side and Giyuu on the other, holding my hand in worry, tears falling out his eyes. I hated seeing Giyuu like this, and knowing that I was the reason that he's crying made it even worse. "H-hel- what happe-" I got cut off once Giyuu slightly jumped on me, hugging me softly, most likely not to hurt me, which caused me to turn red due to the sudden surprise. "SABITO, YOURE OK!!" he yelled out, relived,  it I can still hear his sobs. I hugged him back softly, smiling as well. 

"Thank goodness, am I right?" I tried to joke around, which resulted from a soft and heartwarming smile from Giyuu once he got up and looked into my eyes. 

Now there's the smile I want to protect.

I coughed a bit more, a bit more harshly than before. I then wheezed before letting out a few other flower petals. Once I looked at them, I noticed the color and type of flower this came from. 

Beautiful white gardenias

"Giyuu, go fetch some water" Urokodaki ordered, which then Giyuu obeyed to. Once he left the room, a few minutes of silence was shared. "You like him, don't you?" Urokodaki asked, which I then slightly blushed. "Wh-what? What do you mean by that??" I answered, obviously not truthfully. 

"Don't lie, I can tell." He teased, which then I looked away. I knew he took that message as a 'yes', and I did mean it. "The disease you have currently is hanahaki. It appears  only when you like someone and that person either doesn't like you back or you think they don't like you back" he explained. 

"S-so, what do I do about it?" I asked worried about it. This is a completely new experience, I need to know what to do about it. 

"Either you can surgically remove the plant growing inside you, but you can't fall in love with that same person.." he started.

I admit, this disease is a bitch.

But if I get rid of it, I can't love Giyuu.

How can I not love him?

He's so sweet.

Kind

Innocent 

I truly love him.

"Is there another alternative?" I asked. "I'd rather die than loose my feelings for him!" I exclaimed. "Funny you say that, young Sabito." He says

"The only other alternative is death. As it gets worse, you end up suffocating and die. Now that you know the two alternatives, you decide. I wouldn't judge which one you chose" 

I ponder about it for a while. Silence filled the room once more before Giyuu came back.

"I got the water, Urokodaki-San!" He yelled out, giving the bucket of water to him. I glance over at him, admiring his soft features. Giyuu looks over at me, noticing my staring, in which he responded to with a soft smile and a wave.

Hanahaki, huh?

Well, even if it means I'll die, I will never stop loving you, Giyuu.