Chapter 26

"Anyway, I was wondering if we could catch up some time Dream? I would love to know what's been happening. I was very worried when I woke up one morning to find you gone. I searched non-stop, and now I get to suddenly see you walking through the woods with a little girl!" Ink said, trying to be friendly. Perhaps he could actually catch up with Dream, gain his trust again. This plan will take longer, but the outcome should be better.

"That would be lovely!" Dream said, turing his head up towards Ink and smiling his kind, innocent, smile.

"Great! Maybe Thursday?" Ink offered, hoping Dream would agree. He can't do it tomorrow because he has a meeting, but wants to do it as soon as possible.

"Sounds good! See you then!" Dream said. This was Ink's cue to start getting ready to leave. He turned to Nightmare, the tar covered skeleton was staring at him. It wasn't a blade though, it was like he was trying to figure something out.

Nightmare watched as Ink set up what was practically a date with Dream. Nightmare never liked Ink, well he never trusted him at least. He could tell what someone was feeling, but Ink was the only one he couldn't. And if he was able to find some emotion, it was one Nightmare couldn't describe, Nightmare didn't understand. So, Ink's a mystery to him, something Nightmare didn't know, didn't understand. And Nightmare hates not knowing something.

But then, Ink waved goodbye and left. Nightmare watched him walk around to the back of the building. Isn't that where him and Dream came from? Did he see something then? Why's he going back? Actually, why was he here in the first place?

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Ink went around and back to the dumpster. He peeked inside to see what was there. And to his shock it was none other than Horror and Dust, their HP was low and they looked heavily injured. Are they that bad at fighting?

"Horror, Dust, get up." Ink said, glaring at them. The two slowly sat up, trying to wake back up. It seems like they were knocked unconscious.

"Hey Ink, sorry we couldn't get the job done. He was just to strong." Dust apologized, Horror nodded, agreeing with Dust. Ink put his hands over his face and gave a loud sigh. He then uncovered his face though and looked back at the two.

"We'll discuss this all tomorrow, just get out of there. You two are the most cartoon type villains I've ever worked with." Ink complained, stepping back so he wouldn't have to be to close to the two.

"We are the only villains you've worked with though." Horror said. Ink just groaned before making a portal so they could all leave.