Chapter 20

Nightmare's P.O.V

I walked down the street right under the dim street lights and by all the dark alleyways, not afraid of them. Whenever I go in them it just seems like a ton of teenagers trying to "cool" or something, but they always just end up looking stupid.

I passed the nineteenth street lamp and by my seventh alleyway when a dark figure sprung out and jumped onto me, in the dim, flickering lights I couldn't make out who this monster was. But I knew one thing; they had a knife, and they wanted to kill me.

My instincts kicked in and I began trying to stab the figure with one of my tentacles, while trying to prevent them from stabbing me with another. This continued for about almost a minute until another figure came sprinting out of the alleyway, they were also wearing a hood, and seemed to Also have the same intentions as the other.

Darn it, if only it was day. Then maybe I could identify these two, but the flashing light was blinding along with darkness surrounding the world. Nightmare loved the night when he was killing, but now when someone is trying to kill him. Isn't that how it works for everyone? You love it when it benefits you and hate it when it bring you a disadvantage. I'm sure these two were loving the night right now.

After another thirty seconds of trying to stop these two and attack them, one of them eventually got to tear into me. The knife ripped through my chest and the stranger let it sit there for a moment before spinning it around. I could feel the knife ripping and tearing at me. I grunted and have shaky breaths as I tried to get it out.

Eventually I was able to fling the one stabbing me back, they launched back and hit the solid brick wall. Because of this movement their hood fell off and I was able to make our who one of the attackers was.

Dust.

Then, who's the other? Is it another one of my former gang members? Killer? Horror? Maybe Cross? I shaking got up as the one who's identity was still hidden tried to keep me down, but because I was bigger and more prepared then I was earlier I was able to push them back and stand up. I watched as they pulled out an axe and began charging towards me.

There's only one monster I know that would be using that specific item.

Horror.

I fled the other way, hoping to hide before leaving to heal. I sprinted past the alleyway they came from, considering that someone else might be hiding there, waiting for me. I ran, holding my wound as I heard the sound of four feet chasing me. Looks like Dust finally got up.

I continued, hoping the darkness would be an advantage and help me hide. Plus if I wore them out then maybe I could also have a better chance of escaping. After a little running I turned into a alleyway, all the alleys were connected, so I'm hoping I can use that to loop around a bit and confuse them.

Eventually, I finally seemed to have lost them for a little. I quickly used all the strength in my body to create a portal, I didn't think about where I was going. I just needed to get out, and fast.

Who's gonna protect Dream if I don't?

I jumped through the portal, landing on a patch of grass. Once I hit the ground the portal immediately closed behind me. I lifted my head up to see where I landed.

I was perched on a hill, under a broken tree. In the destroyed land that once looked beautiful. I was in my old home, where I had so many horrible memories. But also so many great memories.

I guess I can stay and look for a place to rest for awhile, I'm not sure I can travel much considering how deep my wound is.