Ch.22 Serial Killer

I didn't want to cut my feelings off from Seth. I had to though because the dark lord required me to. It seemed like a bad way to get over an ex. I'm basically just cutting off my feelings that I haven't coped with. I stared at the red candle with Seth's name carved into it; contemplating if I should cut it like I was suppose to. I knew I had to, I had no choice. I slow grabbed the other red candle that had my name craved into it and tied the wicks together with wool string. I absentmindedly lit the middle of string and watched as it disconnected the two candles and lit the wicks on fire. Memories of Seth and I filled my head as the candles burned, the wax falling down in single strokes like my tears. "Goodbye, Seth."

The candle spell seemed to work. After that night it was as if my feelings for Seth were nonexistent. Gone. If anything it was as if I never had feelings for him in the first place. I felt unworried, lighter, more free. I didn't have that constant anxiety anymore. I got out of bed with a smile before changing into my school uniform. It was an unusual sunny Monday morning making my mood even brighter. After changing and doing slight makeup, I threw my long hair into a claw clip before running downstairs.
"You seem radiant today." Auntie speaks out with a smile.
"I'm just in a really good mood. It's sunny out and the weather is not too cold or hot. My mind is clear." I sigh out before throwing myself onto the stool at the island counter. My auntie pushing coffee toward me. "I'm great."
"It is pretty out. Too bad I have work." Auntie speaks out with a frown.
"Too bad I have school." I respond making her nod out and shrug her shoulders.
"That's life." I nod at this before taking a sip of the warm coffee.
"Are you going to try out for the musical?" Aspen questions out of no where making me jump. I turn and look at her with widen eyes.

"I don't know. Depends on what musical it is." I respond before taking another sip.
"I think you should even if you don't end up liking the musical." Aspen states out.
"I don't want to if I don't like it. I don't want to waste my time with a musical I don't like when I could be putting that time into learning my witchcraft and school." I explain making my auntie give me a look.
"Very responsible of you, dear." She says before pushing over a plate of eggs and grits to me and one toward Aspen.
"Yeah yeah." Aspen says with a small eye roll before sitting down. We conversed a bit more before Aspen and I made our way to school.

I was loving Culprina and everything I was learning. All the history of witches and warlocks, all the different types of witchcraft, all the deities, everything we are capable of. History was probably my favorite subject followed by magical studies where I would learn to use my witchcraft.

I sat in history in awe as my teacher, Mr.McGregor explained about the war we had with the vampires and wolves. "Us magical beings have not so since mingled with that of a vampire or wolf. After they tried taking advantage of us, kidnapping us and making us use our powers against our will for their own benefit...we have cut all ties." I'm quick to raise my hang making everyone stare at me.
"I- sorry." I say sheepishly as I slowly lower my hand.
"No, go on Gwenaël. Questions are good." Mr.McGregor states in positivity.
"What about the vampires that reside in Forks or the wolves of LaPush?" I ask in interest causing him to look back at me with that same look.

"What about them?" He asks simply.
"I mean...I don't know. Just what about them? Are they bad?" I question out.
"Of course they're bad. The wolves at least. The Cullen's are just harmless blood suckers that hunt animals." A student speaks out making me whip toward the person who spoke.
"You know the Cullens?" I question in shock.
"Not personally. Everyone knows of them weather you're a human, wolf or witch. Us witches and warlocks know what they really are though. Vampires." They respond to me.
"Are we just going to skip over the wolves? That pack off mutts practically act like the own LaPush." A girl with ginger red hair speaks out.
"Tell me about it! I can't go to LaPush and enjoy the beach without them running me and others off." A girl pouts out.
"Wait so everyone knows of each other's species but the humans?" I reassure and I see some of the students nod at me in correctness. I slowly turn around and sink into my desk chair.

"Did you not know of them?" A random student asks me. Before I could speak Mr.McGregor spoke up.
"Gwen is a newer witch. She just recently figured out about her magical roots." I hear some students oh out in understanding.
"Wait, but she obviously knows of the Cullens and LaPush wolves." The ginger haired girl points out.
"Like you said. Everyone knows of the Cullens. My auntie told me about their vampiric ways once I signed my name." I explain.
"Doesn't explain how you knew about the LaPush wolves..." Another adds.
"I...dated one of the pack members." I admit making them all gasp.
"And you knew all along?" I student asks in slight disgust. This conversation was slightly starting to confuse me.

"No! He transitioned while I was figuring out I was a witch. As soon as he transitioned he figured out what I was and was quick to toss me and our relationship to the curb like an old tv." I respond making them grow quiet.
"Sorry to hear that." A girl speaks out.
"Stupid mutts. They think they're better than everyone." A boy hisses out.
"No, we're to good for them." Mr.McGregor speaks out before looking at me.
"I'm sorry he treated you that way, but now you know just how the wolves really are." I nod at his statement before the bell rings signaling us to go to next period, which for me I actually had lunch.

I met Aspen and the rest in there before plopping down at our usual table.
"How's everyone's day so far?" Bianca questions with a smile before taking a bite of her corn.
"Good." Everyone says before we start to eat.
"I can't believe it's only Monday." Elliott says with a frown.
"I know. I feel that it's going to be a slow week." Aspen says with a frown.
"It will go by quicker than we know." I say positively.
"Eh, nothing is really happening this week." Bianca states. Before I could respond Aric was quick to plop down next to me and speak.
"Did you guys hear about the killings in Seattle?"
"Killings?" I question and he nods.
"There a serial killer on the loose." Aric states but puts air quotes around the word, 'Serial Killer'.
"You don't think it's a serial killer?" Aspen questions.
"No, I think it's vampires." Aric responds and takes a bite of his food.
"Why?" Elliott asks.
"Well, all the victims are dying in all the same circumstances and in a way common of how a vampire kills. The mortals, of course, don't know that though. They think it's just a weird serial killer." Aric explains.
"If it is vampires, how would they be stopped?" I ask in seriousness.
"The Volturi. They're like the leader of all vampires." Bianca states.
"And if they don't stop it?" I question and look between them all.
"We will. It's be easy for us." Elliott says simply.
"How? I'm not familiar with my witchcraft yet and we haven't had to deal with vampires in so long. What makes you think we can beat them?" I add in disbelief. I didn't want to doubt, but the vampires from what I knew had special powers that made them far more stronger.

"That's why we would have to train. To prepare. We don't know if they'll try to come here and bother us though." Aric responds to me. "If they do we have our covens on our side along with our school and many other witches and warlocks in the area."
"You think the Cullens have something to do with it?" Aspen wonders out.
"No. The Cullens don't hunt humans. They might have a clue what's going on though." I respond quickly.

"Well, I guess we shall see where it leads to. Whoever is killing all those people have a death wish if they come here." Aric states smoothly. I stared at my plate of food having a feeling. A bad feeling that this situation although small right now...was just the beginning of a very big, stressful and dangerous situation.

Hi y'all! I'm so sorry it took me so long to update. Ngl this chapter is kind of shitty but I was just trying to push out a chapter, defeat the writers block I've been having.

Hopefully I'll get this book rolling more. It seems like y'all really want Gwen to end up with Aric so we shall see :)