Ch.1 Game

"Go Seth!" I holler out as my boyfriend kicks the ball down the field.
"There's no way he going to miss that!" Cleo says in excitement. My friend and I watch as Seth kicks the soccer ball into the goal net causing us to cheer.

"Goal by number 13, Clearwater!" The announcer calls out through the microphone. "La Push is leading the way!"

Cleo, Dylan, Libby and I continue to watch our friends play. Seth, Collin and Brady were already on the varsity soccer team despite being freshman and sophomores. They were extremely good, so it wasn't a surprise that they ended up as varsity players. This definitely gave them a popularity boost and they required more "friends" because of it, but it didn't give our usual friend group issues.

"Ugh, I don't understand how they're cheering out here in this weather." Cleo says in disgust causing Dylan, Libby and I to look over at the cheerleaders.
"It's not that bad." Libby says in defense of the cheerleaders.
"Oh, please. Their asses are practically hanging out in 30 degree weather." Cleo snaps.
"Well, technically only Marilyn's ass is hanging out, but whatever suits your boat." Dylan chimes in cooly.
"Still, I would never be a cheerleader, they practically don't wear anything and are always dancing for our shitty football team or all over our varsity basketball and soccer team." Cleo claims and crosses her arms.
"Not all the cheerleaders are hoes, Cleo." I state and go back to watching the soccer game.
"I know that and I wasn't implying that they were. I just don't like that they're treated like royalty here and how they act like they're better than everyone." She explains. We could all agree with her on that.
"The nicest one out of them all is Ciara and even then, she can be a little excessive at times." Dylan adds before watching the soccer game with me again.

Our friend group was...interesting. None of us seemed like we would be friends, but we were. Dylan, my best friend, was in simple terms, a crackhead. He often did the weirdest and funniest things. He was one of our class clowns and always made people laugh. Libby was our nerdy, band friend. She was always busy with band practice and stock up in AP and Honors classes. Cleo was the "popular" one. She was very involved with the school. She, like Libby, took AP and Honors classes and was part of the Student Body as well as other student organizations and clubs. That leaves Seth, Brady and Collin. Seth and Brady are cousins and their best friend was Collin. They were all jocks and excelled in sports, which wasn't a surprise due to the fact they're all very athletic and high energy people. They were the 3 Mouseketeers of the friend group. As for me, well, I was your typical theater arts kid. I was involved with every local play as well as school and had dreams to attend Juilliard and maybe be in Broadway one day.

"And goal by Brady Fuller! The La Push Wolves win against the Forks High Spartans! What a great way to start the soccer season!" The announcer yells making the crowd cheer in joy. The soccer team made a small mosh pit in victory; shoving, pushing and jumping on each other with wide smiles.

We all quickly make our way down the bleachers to meet up with our three friends. Once we reach the gate and fence blocking off the field and track from the bleachers and outside we wait. Collin and Brady come up first and we automatically congratulate them.

"That last goal was sick dude." Dylan speaks out.
"Dude right! I honestly hoped for the best. It's so weird, usually Forks is a tough team to play against, but they suck this year apparently." Brady responds and runs his fingers though his sweaty light brown hair.
"Yeah! That's why I was so confused. I heard that Forks is usually really good. They're like our toughest competition." Cleo states and Libby nods I'm agreement.
"I guess they just suck this year." Brady says.
"Yeah they can't deal with La Push's three best new players." Collin speaks out cooly making us all laugh.
"Got that right." Libby chuckles.
"Hey, where's Seth?" I ask out while scanning the field.
"Probably talking to coach or something." Collin says and crosses his arms.
"That or his with those seniors that like him so much." Brady adds.
"Ugh! I don't want to wait for him. I'm starving." Cleo groans.
"You guys can go. I'll wait for him." I tell them and they all give me unsure looks.
"Are you sure? We can wait. He shouldn't be much longer." Brady says.
"No, it's okay. We will meet you guys at the restaurant." I tell them in an assuring manner.
"Well, alright. See ya!" They say in union and walk off talking to each other. I watch as they laugh while walking off before looking back at the trying to scan for Seth. A good five minutes pass and a frown starts to form on my face. Where could he be?

"Gotcha!" I hear his familiar voice say before I'm being picked up from behind and spun around.
"Ah! Seth!" I giggle out before he puts me down. "I was looking for you!" I say and lightly punch his shoulder.
"I know, but I bought you a pickle!" He says and holds up the green and delicious vinegarized cucumber. I smile in delight and take it from him.
"Thank you." I say before placing a kiss on his cheek and we start to walk away. "You played so well today!"
"Thanks. I tried my hardest. The upper class men were explaining how Forks is a tough team to beat, but they were pretty easy in my opinion." Seth tells me before enveloping my hand in his.
"Yeah, Brady and Collin were saying that. Guess you guys will be kicking ass this season." I say making him laugh.
"Got that right." He chuckles out. Before I could say anything else I was interrupted by a group of girls.

"Good game today Seth."
"Yeah you played really good." The group of cheerleaders call out.
"Thanks." Seth calls out softly with his usual smile, his eyes squinting in the process.
"Look at you Mr.Popular." I say making him shake his head.
"They'd want nothing to do with me if I wasn't on the varsity team." Seth states as we continue to walk.
"Sad, but true." I state before we make our way to the restaurant.

"So, Thanksgiving break is next week. Are you all doing anything?" Collin questions.
"I'm staying here per usual." I state and take a bite of my burger.
"I'm going to Texas to visit family." Libby states.
"Same, I'm going to California." Dylan responds.
"I'll be in The Hamptons." Cleo says and bites into her salad.
"Rich ass." Brady snickers making us all laugh.
"Ha Ha, very funny. It's not my fault my parents have good jobs." She states. Yeah, Cleo and her family are extremely wealthy, but she wasn't snobby like most people would think. She never flaunted her wealth. Her mother was from Egypt and a Physician. She came from a wealthy family over there which were made up of real-estate agents and philosophers. Her father is a business man out of Wall Street, so he's rarely home.

"I guess it will just be us four again." Collin states.
"I'm not complaining. We always find something to do." Seth says in positivity.
"You mean, you and Gwen always find something to do." Brady corrects Seth making  me throw a french-fry at him.
"We never leave you guys out." I state making Collin snicker.
"Whatever you say." Collin says.

We continue to talk to each other while eating before parting our separate ways. Seth and I decided to go back to his house where we would watch a movie.
"Did you have a certain movie in mind?" He questions while I sit in the couch.
"No, I'm fine with anything." I say with a small smile.
"In that case, we will watch Shark Tales." Seth says and holds up the dvd making me giggle and nod.
"I'm always down for Shark Tales."

Yay the first chapter! Sorry that it took so long 😭

I know it's a little boring but I promise stuff with happen soon!