Ch.24 Walk

I took Libby back to my house and the walk itself was awkward and silent. I felt bad that she had to witness that. See all of that. I currently sat on my couch quietly as Libby sat across from me in the arm chair. She sat there slightly stunned, her face stiff and blank.

"So...." I sigh out making her look at me. She raises a brow in question.
"What?"
"What do you mean what?" I ask back in slight shock.
"Like what." She says making me confused. "Huh?"
"Like what the actual fuck?" She questions in shock now. I sigh out with a shake of my head.
"I know it looks bad, but-" Before I could finish she was quick to cut me off.
"It looks amazing! I don't know what you did, but whatever you did it was cool as hell! Are you like a witch or something?" She asks in amusement. I didn't expect this reaction at all.
"Yes, I am, but-"
"Oh my god! That's so cool!" She shoots up and claps. "What did you do to that guy? It sounded like you were speaking Latin. Are you fluent in Latin now? I feel like it was just yesterday that you were in the library with Seth studying it!"
"Libby..." I try to interrupt her, but she kept going.
"Oh my god, speaking of Seth, does he know?" She questions in interest.
"He do-"
"Wait! Are your whole family witches? Who were the other people there in the meadow? They obviously weren't human. Speaking of human, those wolves were not actual wolves. Way too damn big!" She interrupted me again and was going to continue talking if it wasn't for the fact that Aric and Aspen came in.

I look up at the two as they walk over to us. Libby studying them.
"Are they witches too?" She questions out to me making Aspen give me a look of shock and annoyance.
"What the fuck was I suppose to tell her? She guessed what I was, it's not that hard to assume especially after what just happened!" I snap at her before crossing my arms in a defensive manner.
"You could've erased her memory quickly or something! She's a silly mortal and we can't trust her!" Aspen quickly says back.
"Please don't erase my memory. I promise I'm not that traumatized from seeing all that and I would never tell anyone about you guys or what I saw." Libby speaks out making us grow quiet. I wanted to believe Libby. That she wouldn't tell, but she saw the wolves and vampires too and that makes things way more difficult.

I would've been fine if Libby knew just about us witches and warlocks. After all most humans believe that we exist, especially with new age spirituality going around. It's just the vampires and wolves...
"You still saw more that what you should've." Aspen speaks out to the curly haired blond.
"I mean, I guess. For sure those wolves aren't ordinary wolves, but the other people who were there, they're just fellow witches...right?" She questions making Aspen, Aric and I look between each other.
"Yes." Aric quickly speaks up. "They're fellow witches and warlocks. They just differ from us."
"How so?" Libby questions making Aspen stiffen.
"Doesn't matter. You have no right to know. All you need to know is that they're different from Gwen, Aric and I along with others." My cousin spits out in agitation. Libby seemed to be unphased by her attitude.
*I absolutely adore this lie that's going on.*
*Shut up, it's for her own good. She can't know that vampires and wolves exist.*
"So they're evil...witches and warlocks?" She questions.
"I...guess you could say that." Aric states before it goes quiet again. Evil...so in Libby's mind the evil witches and warlocks she saw today are actually vampires. The only true evil witches who were there today were Aric, Aspen and I. Were we really evil though? I mean sure, I signed my name in the Book of the Beast, but was I truly evil?

*You are not, my dear.*

I jump at the voice making Aspen, Aric and Libby look at me in question. I haven't heard it since my unholy baptism. "What are we going to do now?" Aspen questions. I had a lot to say and talk to Aric and Aspen about, but I couldn't do that with Libby here. I quickly turn to my friend and give her a tight smile.
"Libby, I'll walk you home and I'll explain everything another day." I state out and she gives a small nod.
"I'll go with you. It's not safe right now." Aric states comes over closer to me.
"I'll wait here then. We need to tell my mom what happened." Aspen says and I nod in agreement. Maybe Auntie can give us some insite.

Libby's house was relatively close to mine so the walk was only about seven minutes. She asked a few questions along the way, but nothing to big. "Okay Libby, listen if anyone try's to contact you just ignore them. I don't care if it's Brady, Cleo or someone random. Just don't communicate." I tell her sternly.
"Is it that big of a deal?" She questions out making me turn and look at Aric. I have him a look before he looked at Libby.
"You want to get killed by the evil witches and warlocks?" He asks her with a raised brow.
"No...but what does-"
"Then don't communicate with anyone. We don't know who to trust." Aric states making Libby nod in understanding.
"I'll talk to you about everything later I promise. Just stay safe." I tell her and she nods.
"I mean it's not like Satan is going to come and attack me." She awkwardly laughs making Aric and I give each other looks. I hear Satan giggle out in my head.
*Oh she wishes.*

"Just stay inside. Okay?"
"Yes ma'am!" She says with a small salute. With that she turns around and heads into her house. I turn and look at Aric before sighing out.
"She's interesting." Aric says and stares at me as I walk toward him.
"Yeah, she's a hoot. Too nice for her own good. I hate that she's involved in all of this now." I sigh out, a small frown on my face.
"She'll be okay. We will keep her safe and out of harms way." He responds before holding out his hand. I grab it and feel a sense of comfort wash over me. He pulls me to his side before turning and looking at Libby's house. Letting go of my hand, opens his hands toward the house before speaking.

"Custodi illam confugerint in templum, et lucem tenebras; custodi illam tutum ex tora fortitudine tua." I feel an energy flow from his hands and toward the house. I knew whatever he just did it would keep Libby safe. He drew back his hands before enveloping my hand back into his. I felt the dispersing energy within his hand as it traveled up my arm making it feel funny. We made our way back toward my house, walking slowly, enjoying the moment. Talking to each other before totally chaos would begin.

"I have a feeling this is the start of something bad." I speak out blankly as I watch my house come into view.
"Me too. I had Lucifer pestering in my ear while all of that was going down." Aric admits making me look up at him in interest.
"What was he telling you?" I question out.
"Nothing really. He was just complaining and explain to me all of the results that could come of this." He explains making the mood grow even duller.
"You know, he's kind of funny." I state in a positive manner.
"Lucifer?"
"Yes. He's kind of funny in an odd sense." I giggle out as I think about how when I was at the meadow he said he had hell under control when I metaphorically said "all hell will break loose."

Aric let's out a boyish laugh, "How so?" I proceed to explain what happened at the meadow making Aric laugh out again.
"I didn't realize his odd humor till like just now." I laugh out oddly.
"He does have an interesting humor. Not all tough and mean all the time." Aric chuckles out as we walk up the steps to my front door.
"Kind of like you?" I tease out making him give me a devilish smirk. He pulls me closer toward him, his left arm wrapping around my waist, while his right hand still held mine.
*Look at you two bonding over me. How cute. You can call me Cupid*
Aric and I both broke out in laughter.
"You heard what he said too?" Aric questions with a wide smile.
"Yeah." I giggle out. Aric was going to say something, but stopped when we heard talking within my house. Both of us looked at the front door in an attentive manner. Someone was at my house that shouldn't be.
Aric quickly stepped toward the front door, his arm slightly moving around my waist, but never leaving it. He let go of my right hand and opened the door fully and quickly; making our presence known. He moved aside and gently pulled me forward by my waist. My breath hitched as I saw my Auntie, Aspen along with the cult and Cullens sitting in my foyer. Them all staring at Aric and I.

"Oh my Satan."

Whoop another update! I'm trying really hard to get this book rolling so we are getting there haha. Next few chapters are going to be drama filled!