Ch.13 Devotion

I stare at Collin and Brady in pure shock. Seth's dad died? I slowly turn to look at my family only to see my Auntie standing and looking at me with the most guilty face ever. "Did you know about this?" I question out to her in disbelief. She opens and closes her mouth before looking down and nodding her head. "Why didn't you tell me?" I yell out in anger.
"It was your special day and I didn't want it being ruined!" She quickly explains.
"My boyfriend's father died and you didn't think to tell me? This whole time I thought he was ghosting me because of stuff when in reality he's probably hurting and needs me!" I yell again.
"I know, it was wrong of me, but I knew if I told you, your ceremony wouldn't have gone through and you would've had to pay a price for that." She says making me grow quiet. We continue to stare at each other before I quickly whipped my head back over to Collin and Brady.

"When did you last speak to him?" I question out.
"This morning. He didn't want us at his house, but he seemed so dead on the phone." Collin states making me frown.
"And what about Leah or Sue? Have you contacted them?" I ask.
"We talked to Sue a little, but she's too upset to process everything at the moment. She said she hasn't seen Leah since Harry had the heart attack." Brady tells me.
"Seth left an hour after Leah apparently. No one has seen them since." Collin adds. "We thought he'd be in contact with you at least." I shake my head trying to think of all the places Seth could be, but to no avail. The best thing I could do right now in my mind was go to Sue. "Give me a moment." I say before closing the door.

"I'm going to go to the Clearwater's house and talk to Sue." I state while grabbing coat and phone.
"At this time of night? She won't be awake." Auntie Lucinda states.
"Yeah, why don't you go in the morning, dear." Uncle Oli adds and I automatically shake my head.
"The Clearwater's mean a lot to me. I've been close to them since I was little. The least I could do is go comfort Sue." I state before trying to walk away. I'm automatically stopped by my auntie grabbing my wrist.

"Seth and Leah are fine. I talked to Sue awhile ago. Everything will be okay." She says in sincerity. My eyes narrow into slants as I looked at her.
"How are they fine? Their dad died and no one has seen them in hours." I state.
"Believe me, I know they're okay. I have an...intuition that they're more than okay. They just need time to themselves." I felt like she knew something that she wasn't telling me.
"I'm still going to go see Sue." I say.
"She's sleeping, sweetie. It's one in the morning. In fact we should all get some rest. You can go see her later." Auntie says. I wasn't going to take no for an answer.
"If I can't go see Sue, then I'm at least going to go look for my boyfriend." I finalize before walking back toward the front door. Before I could reach the door though I stopped after seeing my reflection through the corner of my eyes. I quickly look up and stare at myself through the mirror above the fireplace. I looked beautiful. I looked darkly beautiful if that even makes sense? My hair looked like it got a few shades darker and my once hazel eyes turned an extremely deep shade of green that made them look hypnotic. I was practically glowing. It was as if Aphrodite herself blessed me.
*That's my doing, child. Don't mistaken my work for someone else's.*
I get why everyone couldn't stop staring at me. I radiated power and beauty. I quickly look away from the mirror and make my way out the front doors. Collin and Brady stood on the front porch in silence before looking up at me as I shut the doors behind me.
"Let's go find my boyfriend."

We couldn't find Seth or Leah for that matter at all. I couldn't sleep that night. The idea of Seth being in pain upset me and the fact that he somewhat ran away to cope hurt me immensely. I don't understand why he just didn't come to me for comfort. I found myself at the Clearwater house around nine in the morning. Sue was in extreme distress, which is understandable. However, everything she told me had cryptic undertones. Like my auntie, I felt like she knew something and wasn't telling me. I kept trying to call Seth and Leah, but their phones seemed to be off because it would just go to dial tone. It hurt. So that's how I spent my whole spring break. Worrying about my boyfriend while trying to comprehend now being a full time witch.

The Monday back to school was interesting. Everyone in my eyes looked different, but to them I was the one who had a "glow up" over the one week. After the whole Seth situation, I seemed to be on better terms with Collin and Brady, but they still attached themselves to Cleo and Libby. Libby was the only one who would hang out with me in school, besides Dylan. Speaking of Seth though, he hadn't shown up the whole week. He still hasn't picked up my calls or answered my texts and Sue wasn't really talking either. It was as if they completely ghosted us. Did they know? Did they know how my family was a coven of witches? That I sold my soul to the devil?

I currently sat in my world history class staring at the tv blankly. We were watching a documentary on religion. It wasn't my cup of tea.
*You know, if you're so bored you should do something about it*
My eyes turn into slits as his voice echos in my head.
*Like what?*
*I don't know, maybe leave?*
*I can't skip class.*
*You don't really have a choice. I'm ordering you to.*
*Excuse me?*
*You heard me, girl. It's time to test your devotion to me. Skip class.*
I let out a deep sigh and think for a few on how I would pull this off. I can't just straight up leave. I scratch my head before slowly raising my hand. My teacher looks up at me before making his way over. "Yes, Gwen?" He whispers in question.
"May I use the restroom? I'm having...womanly issues." I state oddly. His brows crease before he sighs out and takes a hall pass from his pocket.
"Take your time." He says and hands it to me before walking off. I was quickly to get up and grab my bag before walking out of the room. I slowly made my way down the hall way not really knowing where to go. Maybe I should just leave school in general?

I ended up leaving. I only had a few classes left anyway. So, I currently laid on my couch while throwing a small bouncy ball against the ceiling and back.
*If you're so bored, you should do something.*
*Another favor?*
*No. Why don't you improve on your spell casting or something.*
*I'm not trained in witchcraft yet. I may know basic Latin now, but it doesn't help.*
*Then why don't you go to the academy and learn.*
*I guess it's because I'm still trying to hold on to what little normal I have left in my life.*
*You are not normal no more, girl. You are a powerful witch. You're only holding yourself back.*

I didn't respond to him from that point. What he said was right, but I still felt the need to hold on to La Push High a little longer. I felt as if something would happen in the next coming week.

Yay update!!!! I know it's not much and it's just a little filler chapter but I promise some stuff will go down in the next chapter!!! So stay tuned!