Ch.23 Meadow

"They just don't talk to us anymore." Libby says with a frown. I stare at her with a face of dissatisfaction as stirred the straw in her drink.
"What do you mean?" I question in interest.
"I don't even know there's just so much that has been happening. Ever since the killings in Seattle started Seth, Brady and Collin dropped us. Whatever Seth and Cleo had going on was dropped along with whatever Brady and I had. Brady and Collin didn't show up to sch-" My eyes widen and I'm quick to cut her off.

"Woah woah woah, you and Brady?" I question in shock causing her to blush.
"Yeah, unexpected...I know. We were hanging out more than usual and I was tutoring him...helping him with school and stuff. But then he stopped showing up to school. Him and Collin just randomly came back this past week and haven't batted Cleo or I a eye. And Cleo being Cleo she lost her shit and she stopped hanging out with me and is trying everything in her wake to get their attention. It's embarrassing." Libby admits making me frown.

"Collin and Brady joined the cult with Seth?" I question and Libby nods with a sigh.
"Our original friend group is now non existent. I just hang with Dylan now and even then he has his friends so I busy myself with school. So I'm doing okay!" She says with a smile. However I notice the frown that forms on her face as she pushes her glasses up and quickly signs the receipt before placing her card in her wallet. I sigh out as we get up from the booth and make our way outside the small La Push diner. It was relatively close to our houses so we walked.

"I'm sorry I'm not able to hang out more." I speak out.
"Oh no! Girl you're busy! I understand!" She says happily making me smile. "How's Culprina?"
"Oh, it's amazing! I have my own group of friends and their glee and theatre program accepted me with open arms. The school is absolutely huge." I tell her and she smiles.
"Oh I bet! The way you describe it makes it sound amazing!" She states making me nod.
"So, you and Brady huh?" I change the subject making her smile.
"I told you! I was just helping him with school and stuff, so we started hanging out more." She tells me causing me to laugh.
"Okay, but is this like a crush or were you two actually talking?" I question.
"We had sex." She deadpans. I quickly stop and look at her in utter shock. She then started to laugh and shoves me playfully. "I'm kidding! I'm we are still young, Gwen. I really don't want to loose my V card at 15."
"You literally scared me." I state making her laugh harder.

"I could never. You on the other hand...." She says with a mischievous tone to her voice.
"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask loudly in disbelief.
"You're practically glowing and have this new found older like confidence! Don't act like you're not banging around with that cute curly haired guy who sang for you at the diner a while back!" She states now making me laugh out.
"I am very much not having sex with, Aric. I still have my V card. Child of God." I state with a smile but cross my fingers behind my back at the lie I just told her. I most certainly am not a child of God.

"Whatever you say. I personally thi- who's that?" She questions out making me stop dead in my tracks. A hundred feet on front of us there stood a person that gave off a very unsettling vibe.
"...Let's cut through the forest. He's giving me the creeps." I quietly say as we make our way into the forest.
"What kinda person just stands in the middle of the ride like that?" She questions out. I give her a shrug as we walk through the forest. I was relatively familiar with the forest since Seth and I would come often when we were together. There was this big meadow in the middle and if I were to go north of it I'd make it to my house.

"Hey, Libby, when you said that they completely dropped you. We're they having issues with the cult before they stopped showing up to school?" I question out.
"Yeah, Brady would tell me they would all give him and Collin weird looks. Then they both started loosing their temper over smalls things. Didn't show up to school for a week and then boom. Buddy buddy with the cult. Like with what happened to Seth and now they cut both Cleo and I out." She explains. I felt really bad for her. She seemed to have no one anymore. "You know it just makes me so mad. Like we've all been friends since junior high. Who are they to think they can just act like that and drop us." We continued to walk as I listened to her rant. Libby was usually so down to earth and calm. It was rare to see her mad or agitated. I was so intrigued listening to her rant that I didn't even notice we made it to the meadow and now stood near the edge of the forest line.