Ch.18 Mentor

Learning everything was the hardest part I think. However, what made it easier was the thought of me becoming a powerful being like Aric. You see, I never truly realized just how powerful of a witch Aric was. Now, I wasn't extremely close to Aric to know how he became so powerful, but whether it be because he made deals with the devil or just genuinely practiced and studied I looked up to him for it. Which is why, I decided for him to be my primary teacher outside of school. I wanted to be like him. The issue was asking though. Like I said Aric and I weren't that close yet. Although he was in my main friend group and had plenty of friends, the guy always preferred to stick to himself. I guess he just preferred to be a loner.

Learning about the vampires and wolves too was interesting. To think my ex boyfriend was a werewolf along with his sister. The whole cult was and they were to protect their land against the vampires, their natural enemies. The wolves tend to immortal like the vampires as long as they always continued phasing and they would do so to protect their imprint. Ah yes, the imprint. It's the equivalent to a vampires mate or a human's soulmate. Lock eyes once and that person is the reason why you're on this planet. Seth has an imprint...and that person isn't me. It hurts to know that for some reason. Even though I have yet to look Seth in his eyes since he shifted, I knew it wasn't me. How could it be me? I'm a witch and he's a werewolf. We don't mix. I'm to end up with a fellow witch to continue the bloodline.

"Stuck in your head again, Gwenaël?" I hear Aric speak out making me turn and look at him. I give him a small smile before turning back and looking at the garden. I was currently in the botanical gardens of the academy. I found myself here often. It was peaceful and of course beautiful. It was a sight to see; especially at night.

"Just thinking." I state as he sits next to me on the concrete bench.
"About?" He wonders making me shrug.
"Everything? I don't know, all this supernatural stuff is a lot to take in." I respond.
"Still shocked that your ex-boyfriend is a werewolf?" He asks and I slowly nod.
"Yes, quite frankly. It's not just that though. I've been thinking a lot and I want to become a powerful witch. I want to learn how to control the energies in the world. Become knowledgeable." I respond.
"It takes a lot of years and practice. I'm not even that good compared to others." He states and I quickly shake my head.
"You're powerful, Aric. At least way more than me and the rest of our friend group." He shakes his head at my statement before speaking.
"You forget I was brought up differently, Gwenaël. My parents were both powerful satanic witches, when I was born I was baptized in the unholy church. I grew up learning all about witchcraft and practiced it from a young age. My life resides at this academy." He went quiet as I stared at him. He was thinking. I watched as he leaned back cooly, his usual charming smirk making its way onto his face. "I'm practically one of the seven princes of hell."

I roll my eyes at his statement and smile. "Okay, mister confident."
"I'm serious! Look, you'll get there one day. You're doing really good for someone who just found out they were a witch a few months ago." I give him a tight smile.
"Thanks, I guess. I'm trying really hard."
"Don't stress about it.." He simply states. It goes quiet for a few. I wonder if I should ask him. Would he be willing to be my mentor? Fuck it.

"Aric, will you be my mentor? Teach me the ins and outs. Help me become powerful?" I question out. I watched a wide smile form on his lips.
"I would love to, Gwenaël. Can you handle it though?" He teases out.
"There's nothing I can't handle by this point." I state making him sit up and lean closer to me. I lean back slightly as his head comes closer to mine.
"Can you handle me though?" He wonders out confidently make me gulp. No. No, I can't.
"Yes." I whisper out, my voice cracking. He chuckles out with a shake of his head before leaning back.

"You're bad at lying, Gwenaël. First step is to fix that." He states.
"Why do you call me by my real name?" I randomly question. It's something I noticed with Aric. He was the only person to call me by my real name. He rarely ever called me Gwen like most people do.
"It's a unique and beautiful name." He says with a shrug. "Why call you a simple name like Gwen when your real name is Gwenaël? That's like choosing beer over wine. Or...Urban Outfitters over Yves Saint Laurent. Dandelions over roses. Gwenaël is just better." I couldn't help but to gush at his statement. He was comparing my name to such lovely things.

"You're really charismatic." I state. He sighs out and stand up making me look up at him.
"So I've heard." He responds and sticks his hands in his pocket trousers.
"Going somewhere?" I question. He shrugs at my statement.
"It's nice out. I'd rather be out doing something than sitting here in the gardens."
"There's nothing to do." I respond making him raise a brow at me.
"There's plenty to do." He says with a smile.
"Like what?" I question out making his smile turn into a smirk. He then cooly turns away and makes a motion with his head to follow him.

Hanging out with Aric was a thrill, I never truly realized how close we've gotten till Aspen pointed it out. I was usually always in class or with Aric. Sure I might have a small crush on the guy...okay big crush, but I wasn't about to admit that. In truthfulness I was still hurt about Seth. His words would often repeat in my mind. "I don't want you." "I don't love you anymore." Besides, Aric was my mentor and friend...I can't ruin what we have going. How I wished for something more though sometimes.

With the following days word got around at Culprina that there were more and more vampires popping up in the area. However, because us witches wanted nothing to do with the vampires or wolves we didn't know what was going on. Rumor has it there was a newborn army coming and the wolves along with some other vampires were to fight them off. The two enemies...fighting together. How odd. We didn't know when it would happen or where, but because of this we were to be on high alert due to all the recent killings and other factors. I wonder if Seth will be fighting. Will he be okay? I need to stop thinking about him. The more I do the more I hurt.

Update! I know it seems kinda scattered but it's a filler chapter to get things rolling

I'm lowkey kinda lost on what I want to do cause I really don't want to give chapters of just Gwen and Aric along with the others because this is a Seth imprint story. I'm also trying to follow the twilight plot too :/

Anyway I promise Gwen will have a run in with the pack soon I just don't know when or how exactly 🤔

Anywho let me know if y'all want to see any specific scenes! I'm open to writing anything! ~Ciao