Ch.6 Fake

I woke up to a pounding head as I looked around only to realize I was in my room. I slowly climbed out of my bed and made my way downstairs spotting Auntie in the pitching making food.

"Oh! You're awake! Thank goodness! Have a seat, I'll get you some water." She states and I slowly walk to the kitchen table. I poop down and relax into the wooden chair.
"What happened?" I groan out as my auntie comes over with a glass of water.
"You passed out during school, so Seth brought you to the nurses office and they sent you home." She states and hands me the glass of water along with a pain killer. I quickly swallow the pill and gulp down the water before handing her the empty glass.

"What happened?" She questions.
"I heard Satan arguing with another voice. They don't like each other. Their energies got too strong and I got overwhelmed, so I passed out." I respond making her stare at me in confusion.
"Another voice?"
"Yeah, it was very feminine and strong, but soft and beautiful at the same time. She said that she was my real deity. She didn't like the fact that Satan was telling me things and trying to get to me." I explain.
"Did the voice say anything else?" Auntie questions.
"No, not really. She did not like Cleo one bit though. Just Seth's name rolling off Cleo's lips set her off. She compared her to someone..." I drift off trying to think of the name. "P-Psyche, I think it was?" Auntie's eyes widen at the name.
"A-Aphrodite. Aphrodite was talking to you?"
"You know it! The one and only"
I quickly shut my eyes and hold my head as her voice rings out. Her energy becoming more present. So, it was Aphrodite.
"Of course it me. Who else would it be, Gwen? Gosh, it takes you so long to connect things."
*Not now. My head hurts.*
"Well, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were so weak. We need to fix that. Letting people step all over you isn't going to cut it."
"I'm talking to her now. It is her." I state out to my Auntie.
"I- how is that even possible you didn't even contact her and ask to work with her." Auntie states.
"I don't know." I groan out and rub my face.
"Are there any other deities that are with you that I should be aware of?" Auntie questions and crosses her arms sternly.
"Nope, just me and Satan. However many have expressed interest in you. I'm not keen on sharing you with them though, Gwen."
"No, just her and Satan. They are like ear worms. I always sense and hear them."
"Uh- rude."
My auntie shakes her head before rubbing her face.
"Get to know Aphrodite, she's a good deity and will help you. However don't be so open, Gwen. Deity work isn't very beginner friendly and can drain you easily." Auntie says.
"Yeah, no shit." I state making Auntie glare.
"Watch the mouth." She says before going back to the kitchen.

I texted Seth and my friends later that night to notify them I was okay and that I'd be back at school tomorrow. I couldn't afford to miss more school since the glee club would be performing for the school. We would before the Friday before spring break which was just two days before my birthday and I started to thinking I wouldn't be able to perform with all the stress I was under from my birthday, my family, friends and the constant bickering of Satan and Aphrodite.

It was currently March 3rd. A rainy Friday and I was in the auditorium rehearsing for our performance. I was lowkey glad that Cleo also didn't get the Candy Man performance. I don't know if it was Aphrodite and Satan's energy affecting me, but Cleo has not been on my good side the past week. I felt like was attached to my hip, interrupting me every moment she could and stealing my shine. I usually wasn't one to care for stuff like this, but Satan was pointing out every small thing she did and it made me mad. It didn't make it any better that Aphrodite hated Cleo in general and edged on the behavior even more, but in her own petty way. I think my friends were starting to notice my odd and moody behavior. Not only that, but Seth has been acting weird recently too.

My group finally finished rehearsing our performing giving me a break. "Oh my god, Gwen! That was so good! Your voice fits so perfectly in group performances!" Cleo compliments.
"Slap her."
*Aphrodite, shut up.*
"I agree with the goddess. She's trying to get under your skin."
"Thank you." I respond blankly. She smiles wide at me before sighing out.
"Well, I guess it's my turn to practice!" And with that she quickly ran up the stares and onto the stage. I sat down in the first row of auditorium chairs and watched in annoyance as she sang her solo. Thinkin Bout You by Ciara. Not only was the song sexy, but Cleo's performance was too and what was annoying was that everyone was for it. Even Mrs.Leon and Mrs.Lubbock were for it. Cleo even had some girls from the glee group be background dancers and vocals. I couldn't lie. Her performance was probably best out of all of us. She told me this whole elaborate plan and needless to say, she was going all out.
"She's trying to be you, Gwen."
"You can be better than her, get everything you want and make her feel belittled to you. You just have to agree with me."
I decide to not respond as I focus on Cleo's practice run.
"I know you're listening to me, little one. Isn't that what you want? To be above her. I mean look at you. You have pure hatred running through you as you watch her. You want nothing more than to end her reign."
I just have to ignore him and he'll go away. He's just taunting me.
"You can have it all, Gwenaël. You just have to do what I tell you."
"Don't listen to him, he's trying to trick you. I can give you what he can without you having to do bidding."
"But I'm more powerful, we all know that. I can give her more, make her more powerful. You'll just be there to help her. Get her through life and then leave once she no longer needs your help and guidance."
Aphrodite went quiet after that making me sad. I didn't know much on how deities work, but Aspen told me how they supposedly help you and guide you in life and then once they feel you're good and no longer need their help they leave and a new deity will find you and work with you as soon by what you need to work on.

I was glad to get out of practice as fast as I could. I per usual met up with my friends after school and in all truthfulness it made my mood even worse.
"Anything planned for this weekend?" Collin questions.
"No, not that I know of." Libby responds.
"Do you guys want to maybe do something?" Cleo wonders.
"Not so sure about that, I personally am not really in the mood. I mean even Gwen doesn't look up for it, she looks like hell." Brady says. I didn't pay attention to him as I stared off listening to Satan's and Aphrodite's voices.
"Gwen doesn't always have to come with us." Cleo quickly responds.
"Hey, are you sure you're doing okay, Gwen?" Libby questions out.
"Yeah, I'm just really tired." I say with a sheepish smile before Cleo mumbled something under her breath.

"Excuse you?" Dylan says strongly while staring at her. Cleo's eyes widen in shock while we all look between the two. I didn't even hear what she said, no one did, but Dylan apparently.
"W-what?" She stampers while looking like a deer in head lights.
"Don't play all innocent, I heard what you said, bitch." Dylan says and takes a step closer to Cleo making Brady step in and shove him back.
"Woah! Dude chill the fuck out."
"Why don't you tell them what you said hm?" Dylan states to Cleo while glaring at her.
"I- I didn't say anything. You must be hearing stuff from all those drugs." Cleo says innocently making Libby and I gasp in shock.
"She knows exactly what she's doing. Be aware of that, Gwen."
"I'm not hearing shit, I heard what you said. You're so fucking fake, it's sickening." Dylan hisses at her.
"You better back the hell up." Brady says in anger and shoves Dylan back. "You may be Gwen's friend, but that doesn't mean you're ours."
"Woah, woah, woah, what's going on over here." Seth says while running over to us with his gym bag in hand.
"Tell them what you said." Dylan states again.
"She didn't say anything, pot head." Brady growls making Dylan shake his head and step away with a laugh.
"What's so funny?" Seth questions in annoyance. I think he was picking up on the energy Brady was radiating.
"I don't know why Gwen puts up with y'all's shit. She's too good for all of you." Dylan states.
"No, she's too good for you. Why don't you leave her and us alone. We never thought of you as a friend anyway. We only hung out with you cause of Gwen." Seth says in irritation. He stood next to Brady now in a slight protective manner.

"I never liked y'all anyway, I put up with it because of Gwen, but I'm sick and tired of how fake Cleo is. The princess isn't really who she seems to be." Dylan's warns.
"He's right. He heard what she said."
"Why don't you leave and stop making a fool of yourself." Brady says.
"No, wait. Dylan what did she say?" I question out and stop him from leaving. Cleo's eyes widen in worry.
"She didn't say anything, Gwen. None of us heard her except for this druggy." Brady says.
"I don't care. You said she said something Dylan. What did she say?" I question again.
"She thinking's your doing drugs with me." Dylan says while glaring at Cleo.

I stare at Cleo in pure shock, anger and sadness. It grew quiet.
"Are you, Gwen?" Seth questions out making my heart break even more.
"Rage, fucking rage!"
"How could you think that!" I yell while I look between my boyfriend and friends.
"I mean, you always seem to be in a daze recently and you're always tired and secluded. Not as happy and go lucky." Collin states.
"So you think I'm fucking doing drugs?" I yell in anger as tears start to come to my eyes.
"You can tell us if you are, Gwen." Cleo says.
"SHUT UP!" I scream at her. "I'm so tired of you! Dylan is right! You're so fake!"
"Gwen!" Brady says loudly.
"No! She's trying to ruin my life." I stress out.
"That's a bold statement." Cleo says and crosses her arms snootily.
"It's true! You have to do everything I do and be better at it! You don't like that Seth and I are together and you always copy me and shove shit in my face. I'm so sick of it!"
"That's enough, Gwen." Seth says and pulls me away, but I rip away from his grip.
"See this is exactly what I mean! This is nothing like you!" Collin says in stress.
"I'm looking and acting the way I am because I'm stress and low-key depressed!" I yell as tears fall from my eyes making my friends grow quiet.

I stare at them all in pure sadness at the moment. I finally snapped. "But if you all think I'm on drugs, then there must be a lot of stuff you think I'm doing and talking about it behind my back." I croak out before running off.
"Gwen, wait!" I hear Seth call out, but no foot steps followed.

What do y'all think!? I know it's kinda out of no where but I really wanted to get the story rolling since Gwen's birthday is coming up.

Speaking of her birthday I'm going to let y'all choose!

Do you want Gwen to become a Satanic witch or a Pagan witch!?

Please let me know because either choice can greatly affect the story! Anywho hope y'all enjoyed the update!