Ch.26 Talking Pt.2

Seth's POV
"I don't like him." I grunt out and punch the tree that was next to me.
"We know. You complain about him all the time." Brady responds with his arms crossed.
"Seth, you need to get over Gwen. She's moved on." Collin adds making me grow even more annoyed and agitated.
"I'm not going to get over her! We've been by each other's sides since we were kids and now she refuses to even look at me. I fucked up. I let Sam and the stupid stories get to my head." I snap back.
"Our kind and hers do not mix. She's a fucking witch who worships the devil for Christ sake!" Collin responds back in annoyance.
"Exactly! Maybe that Aric guy is better for her. After all you can't deny that they have a connection." Brady adds making me glare at him.
"There's no connection! He's obviously manipulating her. Using some sort of charm on her! She's suppose to be with me!" I growl. The sound of Paul and Jared's laughter filled me ears.
"Seth, do you really think that Devil worshiper is your imprint?" Paul questions out making me grow more mad. I was starting to get sick of them judging her.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do. We have something I know we do. And I'll admit I fucked up. I should've never treated her the way I did. Never should've got with Cleo out of jealousy. Never should've listened to Sam and the tribal stories." I respond making the smiles on Paul and Jared's faces drop.
"Those stories are ancient and tell the happenings of our tribe. They're passed down for reasons. We don't affiliate with those blood suckers and witches." Jared spits out.
"Well look at us now! Working hand and hand with the Cullens. You both heard Esme. Times have changed." I respond in a challenging way. Before Paul or or Jared could respond to my statement, Sam came out of the house and started to speaks.

"Times have changed, yes. However, that doesn't mean we are buddy buddy with both species. Seth, you're old enough now and have enough knowledge to make your own decisions. I personally don't think you should be mingling in the witches business though. You also have patrol with Brady and Collin so I advise you three get onto that." I huff out before turning and making my way into the forest with Brady and Collin by my side. How would I get my relationship back with Gwen?

Gwen's POV
"I don't think we should help them. They obviously have the wolves on their side. They can handle it." Aspen states.
"That's your opinion. This could be a chance for us to rekindle our relationship with both species." Auntie responds making Aspen scoff.
"I agree with, Aspen. What if they try to use us again?" Bianca questions.
"They won't be using us for bad though. There's an obvious threat and if they have us it's an even higher chance of them winning and defeating this Victoria person and the vampiric army that she's building." I respond.
"Are you actually considering it?" Aric questions out in disgust making me give him a look.
"There's innocent people dying, Aric." I respond and he gives me a look of confusion.
"And? Mortals die. It's a natural thing." He says simply as if it was nothing. What the fuck? Was he that wicked to where he didn't care for others lives?

I guess the shock and confusion on my face was eminent because Elliott was quick to speak up. "Gwen, I think you fail to realize, we aren't mortals. We don't dapper in human conflict or other species conflict. The fact that innocent mortals are dying from vampires, isn't our problem. That's the vampires issue to deal with and the wolves hopped in on it because they have always had problems with the vampires. They essentially are living to protect mortals from said vampires."
"So what we just stand back and watch it all unfold? That's not right!" I shout, clearly upset.
"This is why you shouldn't have raised her mortal." Auntie Lucinda grumbles out making Auntie shoot daggers at her.
"Lucinda, I don't need you to judge my parenting right now."
"They asked for our help, so I think we should help them fight." I state out.
"That's trudging into dangerous waters, dear." Uncle Oli speaks out. They all seemed to be against the idea.

"I don't care!" I shout before sighing out and looking around. "Things are changing. The fact that us witches have stayed back in the shadows for centuries needs to stop. We're powerful and need to stop hiding. We can help the world."
"Gwenaël, we aren't superhero's here." Aric chuckles out. My brows furrowed in irritability and I open my mouth to snap back at him, but I'm cut off by Auntie Lucinda.
"We've always stayed in the shadows since the war. It's made things easier and we haven't had to worry about the other species." I turn to my cousins Lucas and Marcus who haven't said anything the whole time. They sat between their parents Lucinda and Oli.

"Lucas...Marcus, you two would fight along side me right?" I ask them. With Lucas and Marcus being the big headed jocks the were and always getting into trouble, they sure would want to...right?
"Sorry, G." They both say at the same time make me slouch in defeat.
"We would, but they're right. This doesn't affect us right now." Lucas states.
"It's better off we let the wolves and vampires deal with it." Marcus adds with a small frown.
"Gwen, why are you so keen on helping them?" Bianca questions in curiosity.
"It's because of that mutt she once called her boyfriend. That's why." Aric sneers in aggression.
"You you fucking kidding me, Aric?" I yell at him. "Seth and I are over. In fact I broke whatever connection we had with a spell. So don't even go down that route!"
"I'm just saying. I don't understand what else is making you want to fight so hard!" He snaps back at me.
"Because there are innocent people dying! They're dying when they shouldn't have to!" I respond only to hear multiple people sigh. It only made me more upset. They don't understand. None of them will. They were all raised by the stories that divided our kind and kept them hidden. They all have the mind set that they're better and shouldn't care if mortals or others die because it's not affecting them.

"Gwen, we have been trying to explain that it isn't our problem. Getting involved would cause issues." Auntie speaks out.
"Okay and let's just say, we don't deal with it. We don't help them and they don't handle it correctly. I know for a fact the Cullens let that vampire who tried to harm Libby and I go. What if he goes and tells his puppet master what happened and then they try to harm us? Then what?" I respond in a passive aggressive manner.
"Then we will get involved. Only if they harm." Auntie states. She gives me a look before adding on. "That doesn't mean to go and put yourself in harms way though, Gwen."
"Let's not play the game of what if." Uncle Oli states before standing up. "This conversation stays between all of us. We will continue to carefully watch the actions of the Cullens and Wolves. If something happens we will go from there." I sigh out at this and quickly head up to my room without so much as a goodbye. I shut my door and locked it before flopping onto my bed in agitation and dejection.

Why? Why did none of them care? Why did I think differently? Was it purely because of how I was raised? Did growing up in a mortal lifestyle give me feelings of pity and sympathy that natural born and raised witches and warlocks just didn't have?
*In this world you are to only look out for you and yourself. Doesn't matter what happens to others.*
*That's horrible.*
*It's true, child. People will run over you otherwise.*
*Do you think I should fight along side the Cullens and Wolves?*
*I'm indifferent. That's your choice.*
*Great*

"Gwenaël?" I hear Aric voice out as he lays a soft knock on my door. "Can I come in?"

Another update! I tried to get this one out fast! Sorry if it seems like much hasn't happened. It was just a filler chapter but things will get moving soon! Hope you all enjoyed!