Ch.27 No

"Gwenaël?" I hear Aric voice out as he lays a soft knock on my door

"Gwenaël?" I hear Aric voice out as he lays a soft knock on my door. "Can I come in?"

"Aric, I'm not in the mood." I gruff out, my voice being muffled by my pillow that my face was buried into.
"Gwenaël, I can't hear you." Aric responds. I'm quick to lift my face up and repeat what I said before shoving my face back into my pillow. "I know you're not in the mood, but let's talk about it. I want you to understand the consequences."
"Aric...I don't want to talk about it. I'm over it." I grumble out again. I hear my door open and close proceeding by the sound of footsteps coming near me. I feel my bed dip before feeling Aric's hand caress my lower back making butterflies erupt within my stomach.

"We don't have to talk about it then. I just....I don't want you going out and helping them by yourself." He tells me.
"I wasn't planning on helping them by myself." I lie out making him sigh.
"You're bad at lying." He responds making me slowly turn over into my side to look at him.
"Do it with me. Help me help them." I ask him in hope. My hope was quickly crushed though as he shakes his head.
"Gwenaël, it's not our place. That army of vampires haven't harmed us and don't know we exist."
"They harmed me, Aric." I say and quickly grab his hand.
"One of them tried harming you. Key words, one and tried." He quickly says back making me roll my eyes.
"Who's to say more won't come though! The Cullens let that vampire go. I'm sure he's off telling his puppet master about me and what I did to him and they'll probably be curious of what I am and come. Aric...we have to help them. It's for the better good." I state out making him grow quite. I could tell by his eyes that he was thinking about it. His eyes held uncertainty and wonder, it was replaced though with the familiar stern eyes that I knew though.

"No." He says with a shake of his head. "I'm sorry, but no." I sigh out and let go of his hand. My face morphing into a blank slate as I crossed my arms and slumped back.
"Gwenaël-"
"No, Aric." I cut him off. "If you aren't going to help me or say anything positive then leave."
"Gwenaël....you're playing a dangerous game." He grits out. He was getting agitated.
"I don't care. Innocent lives are at stake here. I'm helping them, so this all stops." I say and try to stand up. I'm quickly pulled back down to the bed roughly though. I look at Aric in shock as he grabs my wrist roughly and stares at me with a dark expression.

"Our lives are at stake here if you help them. We don't need another war to break out. For our kind to be used again by the mutts and blood suckers. If you help them you're opening a door that puts us witches and warlocks in danger. They can handle the situation by themselves. We're not getting involved and that's final." He words were laced with anger. His eyes dark and demeanor strong. It scared me. He never acted like this with me. I blink quickly as I tried to swallow the slight fear he installed in me. He stared at me for a few more seconds before roughly letting go of my wrists and leaving my room. Slamming the door shut on the way out. What the actual hell?

I didn't talk or see Aric for the following days after that and it bugged me. Not only that but I knew Bianca, Elliott and Aspen were all upset with me. I didn't talking to any of them really. The tension between all us and my family was ridiculous. I wish I could see it through their eyes so I could understand, but I just couldn't. I sat in class as I listen to my teacher talk. I kind of wish I had my own witch and warlocks friends. I mean yeah I had Bianca, Elliott and Aric, but those are Aspen's buddies. I came to realize I had so much shit going on that I never actually made my own friends yet here at Culprina. How sad.

My train of though was broken as I felt my phone vibrate. I looked up at my teacher to make sure he wasn't looking toward me and slowly looked to see what the notification was. It was Libby. Before I could even respond five more texts from her came in. My eyes widen and my heart beat quickened as she said that something happened with Dylan. I quickly looked up at the clock. 1st period literally just started 10 minutes ago. I looked back down at my phone as Libby sends more frantic texts. "Mr.Mandul! Can I please be excused?" I quickly shout out with a raise of my hand.
"Miss Întuneric...you've interrupted my teaching."
"I know, I'm sorry, it's emergency." I state making him narrow his eyes at me.
"No. This lesson is important." He says making me glare at him.
"If I don't go I'll receive consequences." I simple state out. "He commands me to go." My teacher sighs out at this before pointing to the door, a way to tell me to leave. I quickly shoot up and grab my things before quickly making my way to La Push high. I had a million thoughts running through my head. I don't know what happen because Libby stopped answering her phone. As soon as I arrive there was cops galore along with an ambulance. I sped into the student parking lot and roughly parked my car before running up to the crowd. It was total caos and I was quick to spot the curly blonde hair of Libby.

"Libby? Libby!" I yell out. She was up front, close to the yellow taped off area. "Libby?" I question out in worry as I place my hand on her shoulder. She turns around with tears rolling down her face. "What happened? Where's Dylan?" Libby shakily points over to her right where the yellow police tape was. I slowly turn only to see blonde hair that peaked out from the top of a white blanket that was too short to fully cover the tall body that it was suppose to hide. In that moment I felt like everything became slow and I became hyper aware.

"Victim's name is Dylan McCartney. 16, white male, standing at 5 feet and 10 inches." I hear the cop tell to dispatch. "Cause of death, currently unavailable." I slowly turn to look at Libby as she stared at me in sorrow.
"No." I say and slowly start to shake my head. "No, no, no." Tears slowly start to fill my eyes. "No!" I yell as the tears stream down my face.
"Gwen!" I hear a familiar voice call out in worry.
"NO!" I scream out with a sob before falling to my knees. Before my whole body could hit the ground I felt warm arms envelope me in a protective manner.
"Hey, hey. It's going to be alright." I hear Seth say. His arms wrapping tighter around me.
"No, no, not him. Why Dylan?" I sob out in sorrow, my body totally lax in Seth's arms.
"I know, I know. He didn't deserve it." Seth says and pushes my hair back from off my forehead as I continued to cry. Why?

Update! Yo I know
I know

It's been a hot minute, I am so sorry Yall. I've literally been so busy and haven't had time to write at all. I've also just had really bad writers block. I promise the next chapter will be out within the end of this week! So tell me y'all's thoughts!!!

Hope you enjoyed!