Ch.28 Plan

"His body was found this morning

"His body was found this morning." Libby's voice cracks. We all sat in Seth's living room currently. Libby sat next to Brady on the love seat, his arm was wrapped around her in a comforting manner. Collin was sprawled out on the ground. I sat on the end of the couch wrapped up in a blanket, my nose stuffed and head pounding from crying so much. While Seth sat at the other end.

"He has been coming to school early for morning detention. They found his body almost completely drained from blood." She goes on. "That's what I hear at least." It was quiet before Libby spoke again. "I just don't understand who did that to him. Who killed him." She started crying again making Brady pull her closer. I knew. I knew who killed them. Those filthy blood suckers did. And Seth, Brady and Collin knew it too. Dylan's death made head line news not even an hour after the accident. And I received multiple calls from Auntie, Aspen, Aric, and plenty of other people. I was too distraught to answer them though.

"Gwen, what if it was that guy from the meadow that killed him?" Libby questions making all of us look at her. I sniff and look away.
"Maybe...I mean shit...probably was." I respond as my eyes tear up again just thinking of Dylan.
"I thought he'd be gone after what you did to him. He obviously wasn't in his right mind. Maybe he was mad at you for what you did...figured out you were close with Dylan and offed him." Libby suggests. I didn't respond to her as a tear slid down my face.
"Libby, I think I should take you home." Brady says making her automatic freak out.
"What? No! No! Please don't. I don't want to be alone. Brady, please."
"Hey, hey, shhhh. I'll stay with you, but I'm sure your parents would be at ease knowing you're safe at home." Brady hushes her and she slowly nods. I watch as the two stand up and slowly make their way to the door.

"We will be safe at my house, right Gwen?" Libby questions making me look up at her. I slowly nod and look away.
"You'll be safe." I reassure her and she nods before her and Brady leave. That left Seth, Collin and I. It was quiet for awhile. The silence awkward.
"Have you all decided on helping us yet with this whole new born army situation?" Collin randomly questions making me look up at him.
"No. My family and others won't be helping. It's too dangerous for our kind." I respond simply.
"It's dangerous for everyone involved." Collin states back with light irritation in his voice.
"Agreed, but more so for us. These new borns, like many other, don't know we exist. The last thing we need is for a newborn to escape and tell their ring leader that witches and warlocks are still alive and know where we are hiding." I explain back making it grow quiet again. It was so awkward being alone with them. The silence was like getting stabbed repeatedly with a knife almost. Seth, however, was quick to break that silence.

"So, you're not going to help, even after what they did to your friend." His voice was blank. I turn to look at him only to see him staring blankly at the wall in front of him. His posture stiff. I couldn't read him.
"What?" I question out.
"I just would've thought you'd want a piece of the action since the new borns are responsible for Dylan's death." He reiterates. His words made me grow cold and silent. Libby said they found his body completely drained of blood. It makes sense. "I guess I thought wrong though. You're just a manipulated witch who does only what her family and Satan wants her to do."

I had Seth pined down on the floor quickly after he finished his sentence. My legs straddled his waste while my hands had his arms roughly pressed to the floor. I stared into his eyes with pure anger. "Listen here, I'm not putting up with your derogatory remarks. You keep my family's name and my name out of your mouth. Everything you knew about me and the relationship we once had no longer applies. You know nothing about me and don't know half the shit I'm going through." Seth's jaw clenched in anger as I laid it out to him. His eyes turning dark. We've both changed. No longer the sweet and innocent kids we use to be. He kicked up from under me which only made me more angry. I was quick to grab his jaw and bring my face closer to his in a warning manner. "So help me Satan if you keep up with this bullshit it's not going to end in your favor, mutt." With that I quickly and rather roughly shoved his face away and got up only to quickly leave the house.

My heart was racing and I felt whatever dark energy come upon me slowly disperse. I can't believe I just threatened Seth.
*He deserved it. Antagonizing you and all.*
I didn't respond and just continued walking. I quickly made it to my house and slammed the front door open in anger before slamming it behind me.
"Gwenaël, honey..." Auntie calls out.
"Hey, I know he was your friend. We can talk it out." Aspen speaks out.
"It was new borns who killed, Dylan." I gruff out and look between my cousin and auntie. My eyes becoming watery. "And who knows...it might just be Libby or Bianca or me or whoever else next. You two and the rest may not fight, but I'm not going to stand back and watch."

I didn't have time to think about it though, because I was coming up with a plan. A plan that would probably result in me getting hurt, but it was the only way I knew that would get my coven and the others involved. This was my last option. I didn't mind fighting this alone, but I'd prefer for my coven to be by my side. And this was the only way.

*What do you think you're doing?*
"What does it look like?" I question back out loud as I stand in the middle of the open meadow. The full moon in the sky providing light for me to see.
*Seems like you're looking for a death wish.*
"And? What if I am?" I respond only to not hear a reply. "This is the last place I saw the vampire. Maybe he will come back."
*Your assumptions are bad. If you're looking to stir the pot just join them in the fight.*
"I want my coven to help though. I want them to see that these blood suckers will harm me and others if we don't stop them." I simply say.
*And so you're trying to get yourself attacked?*
"Precisely."
*You're an imbecile.*
"Do you have a better idea?" I shout in anger and agitation.
*You don't need to end up in harms way to have them fight with you. They will stand along side you when it comes down to it.*
"You're wrong....you saw how Aric reacted."
*Its because they were told all their lives that the vampires and wolves are bad. They've heard stories. There's two sides to every story though. New things can be scary.*
"How wise of you." My head quickly snaps to the side as I hear the sound of a branch break. My eyes scan the tree line looking for someone or something that was lurking behind. "Come out, come out whoever you are"
*How cute....antagonizing them.*
My eyes slowly turn into a deep glare as an unfamiliar vampire shows herself, slowly and oddly walking out into the meadow.
"Hi."

Yay update! What do y'all think? I know it's been a hot minute. I've been busy and writers block is a killer. Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed this update :)