thirteen.

Finally, it was the weekend. It was starting to get chilly as the days passed so I decided to get one last swim in at the beach before the California heat faded. I put on my favorite swimsuit and headed out the door. The beach has always made me happy. It's my comfort place and where I like to be alone.

Once I reached the beach, I threw off my sandals and ran into the water. The waves crashed against each other, giving me a sense of calmness and peace. I missed coming here alone. It was nice. No Daniel, no friends, just me. I enjoyed the experience. Finding shells here and there, crabs along the shoreline, and seeing dolphins jump into the air. My favorite part was seeing the sunset. I placed my towel on the sand and laid down. The sun was a bright pink, fading into an orange. "Daniel!" I heard a voice giggle "quit it!" I turned around to see Daniel and Ali holding hands. I had completely forgot they were coming. I didn't want to make a scene so I stayed where I was. I watched as he dunked her head underwater and picked her up on his shoulders. He never did that with me. He must really like her. He caught me by surprise when he leaned in for a kiss on the lips. She kissed him back. I started sobbing. We had only just broke up. I stood up making direct eye contact with him. He started to run after me. "Hey y/n how are you-" I cut him off before he could say anything. "How am I Daniel? I don't know to be honest. I just watched you kids another girl -the girl you cheated on me with- right in front of my face. I've cried over you every night and this is my punishment?" I sighed "I'm fine Daniel, thanks for asking" I stormed off. Why did he care about me now? He was with Ali, not me.

Monday came school. I didn't want to go but I had Zach to look forward to. He was really my only friend besides Mr Miyagi. He was also the only one to care about me after our breakup. "There she is!" Zach shouted to me. "Hey Zach!" He motioned me to sit beside him. The whole time he was talking I stared off thinking about what had happened at the beach. "Y/n?" Zach said while waving his hand in my face. "Hm?" "You okay? You seem distracted. What's going on, talk to me." I sighed. "It's about Daniel. It's stupid, okay? I don't want to talk about it because if I do i'll cry, then I look stupid." He lifted my head up. "You won't look stupid y/n. Your allowed to have emotions and cry. How about this. What if we go to Golf N' Stuff tonight?" "I don't know" I replied. "C'mon, i'll buy!" "Alright fine."

It was almost 5:45 and I started to get ready. I threw on a sweatshirt and jeans. I heard a knock at the door. "Hi!" I opened the door expecting Zach but it wasn't him. Daniel stood in the doorway blocking me from being able to close it. "Y/n we need to talk." I nodded and let him in. We both sat down on the couch. I refused to make eye contact with him. I knew that if I did, I would end up crying. "Look y/n, I don't want Ali. Kissing her was a mistake. It's you, it's always been you." I looked up at him still avoiding eye contact. "Why'd you kiss her at the beach then?" "I wanted her to think I liked her, but it felt wrong kissing her because it wasn't you." He made eye contact. "Give me another chance please. I don't want her, I want you. Your my always y/n and i'm hoping i'm still yours" he pleaded. We just stared into each other's eyes. I felt the urge to kiss him. We both leaned in and our lips collided. I missed him. His smell, his touch, his voice. I missed it all. We pulled away and he pulled me into a hug. "Promise you won't hurt me again?" I asked "I promise." I smiled. "You can have another chance." I heard a knock at the door. "Who's that?" Daniel asked "I told Zach I would go to Golf N' Stuff with him tonight but I'd rather be with you." He smiled.

I opened the door and saw Zach standing there.  "You ready?" he asked "Actually, me and Daniel are back together. I feel a lot better now." "I told you. I'm so happy for you y/n."

I laid in Daniel's arms as he played with my hair. I finally had him back. No more pain or hurting, he was mine once again and I was his.