nineteen.

Daniel rolled over towards me and brushed my hair out of my face. "I know we just laid down but I've gotta go train." I nodded my head. He kissed the top of my head and left. I sat up and reached for my homework. I was failing some classes so I was hoping homework would help.

As the hours passed, I hadn't heard from Daniel. I was starting to get worried since training with Mr Miyagi only lasted about three hours. I decided to go and see if Daniel was home. I knocked on the door and Lucille answered. "Is Daniel here?" She gave me a confused look. "No, he told me he was going to train with Mr Miyagi. I figured he would be with you." In that moment I heard shouting from the alley. "This damn bike! I I hate this bike. I hate this frickin' bike! stupid bike." Lucille ran up to Daniel. I stood beside her. "Daniel! What's the matter? Why'd you throw your bike away?" Daniel looked down. "Because ali felt like it, ma!" "Please look at me when I'm talking to you." Daniel looked up and faced his mother. I stood and watched as he lifted up his bruised face. He was covered in cuts and bruises. Worst of all, he has another black eye. "Oh my god!" we both screamed. "Ma" Daniel said touching his jet black hair. "Can you tell me what's going on and don't tell me about another bike accident?" Daniel glanced at me. "What do you wanna hear, ma?" "I want to hear the truth!" "No, you don't want to hear the truth. All you want to hear is how great it is. Well it may be great for you, but it sucks for me! I hate this place! I hate it! I just wanna go home. Why can't we just go home?" Daniel said banging his elbow into the wall. I never thought about how he felt here. Being new here was a big change, especially with Johnny beating him up almost everyday. "Listen to me. I cannot help you unless you talk to me" Lucille said tilting her son's head up. "That deal about me and Johnny, he lied!" "He lied?" I asked "Is that why your all beat up?" He nodded. "First thing tomorrow i'll talk to him" I responded.

The next morning at school, I headed straight towards Johnny. "Listen dickwad, you and Daniel had a deal. While he trains, you leave him alone. Am I right?" Johnny rolled his eyes. "What's the matter? Daniel can't stick up for himself? Yes, we had a deal but that was for thinking he can just get away with out a fight." I slapped him across the face. "Your a real douche, you know that?" I said walking away. Johnny Lawrence had finally made the teapot boil.

As I walked home, I stopped by Daniel's apartment to check up on him. His mom let me in and I walked to his room. "Knock knock" I said while opening his door. "Hey beautiful." "I knocked some sense into Johnny. He should leave you alone." "What'd you do?" he said giving me a concerned look. I grinned. "I may have said a few things. I also may have slapped him." Daniel rolled his eyes and laughed. "I could've done that myself, you know." "I know, but he was being a real dick and deserved to be slapped. Anyways, how's your eye?" I noticed he had an ice pack over it. "It's okay. Ma made me put an ice pack over it but it looks worse than it feels, trust me." I laid down on his chest. "What happened last night anyways?" I asked. He started to play with my hair. "Well, after I was leaving Mr Miyagi's I was ambushed by Johnny and his gang. They pushed me off my bike down a hill. That's the short story, anyway." "You need to rest" I said kissing his forehead "I'll be back later to check on you." "I don't need a babysitter, but thank you. You know how much I appreciate you." "You do? How much?" He kissed my face. "Like that much."