forty.

The classroom filled with students as I patiently waited at my desk for my friends to come in. I had arrived early to school to finish up an extra credit assignment for Mr Harris. Zach was the first to walk in. "Hey y/n! Feeling better?" he asked hugging me. "Yeah, I feel a lot better. Since I am feeling better, we can hang out after school if you want. I've missed you a lot and I've been so caught up cheerleading." "Yeah, for sure. Your place, alright?" he said. I nodded and drew my attention to the door. I watched as Daniel and Jane walked in. "Hey babe," Daniel said kissing me. "Hey y/n, I've missed you" Jane hugged me. "Hey guys, why are you here so late?" I asked. It was 8:35 and school started at 8:40. They were never this late, especially not together. "Well, I offered Jane a ride to school since she helped me with my homework last night. It took us a little bit since I ran into a pothole in the road." They both laughed. I awkwardly smiled, looking down at the floor. Daniel could've asked me for help on his homework. I love Jane, but I'm his girlfriend and I'll always help him. The bell suddenly rang, causing the Daniel, Jane, and Zach to move back to their assigned seats. I drew my attention to the board as Mrs Walker explained the assignments and agenda for the day.

The first bell had rang , signaling that it was time for second period. I grabbed my books and walked to my locker to exchange them for my second period books. I felt a hand in my back pocket. "I know your touch by now, Daniel" I said kissing him. "Damn it. I thought I got you" he laughed. Jane slowly followed behind. "So guys, what are we doing for Thanksgiving dinner since Daniel invited me over. What do I need to bring?" she asked. I jerked my head towards Daniel. "Can we talk in private, now?" I said grabbing him by the collar. "You invited her over for Thanksgiving dinner? I thought it was just supposed to be us?" I said crossing my arms. "I thought it would be fine since we're all friends." I rolled my eyes. "We are friends, but I thought we could spend Thanksgiving with your mom. Just us." He ruffled his hair. "Y/n, not everything is about you okay?" he said raising his voice. I felt a lump in my throat. Tears glossed over my eyes. "Okay." I grabbed my things and fast walked to my second period. "Y/n, shit I didn't mean it like that" he yelled after me. I ran into the bathroom letting everything out. Me and Daniel rarely fought, but when we did it was always bad. I hated fights, especially with him.

I quickly cleaned myself up, trying to not make it noticeable that I was crying. I walked as fast as I could to class before the bell could ring. I walked into class avoiding as many eyes as I could. "Y/n, your late" Mr Harris said handing me a tardy slip. I swallowed hard, it took me a minute to process words. "Right, I'm sorry" I said taking the yellow slip from him. The bell hadn't even rang yet, but I wasn't up for an argument.

I walked to lunch by myself, looking around for anyone I could sit with. I spotted Zach. "Hey Y/n, wanna sit with me today?" he asked. "If that's okay," I said. I followed him to a lunch table near the back of the room. I sat and stared at my plate. I had completely lost my appetite. I blankly looked at Zach. "Are you okay? You haven't ate anything" he asked. "I'm fine, just not hungry." He nodded and continued eating.

I had managed to go through the day without crying. The final bell had rang, and I started to walk back to Reseda. "Y/n, where are you going?" Jane yelled "We have practice today!" I had completely forgot. "Shit" I mumbled. "Give me two minutes, I have something I need to do." She nodded, giving me a thumbs up. I ran as fast as I could down the halls. I was looking for Zach, I couldn't just ditch him without giving him a reason. "Zach!" I called. "Y/n, hey! I was just about to come and find you. What are we doing first?" he asked. "I'm so sorry, but I have to cancel. It totally slipped my mind that I have cheer practice. You can wait for me after school if you want though. I'll be done in an hour or so." He smiled. "Yeah, okay. See you soon." I waved and ran back to the locker room. I couldn't be late for tryouts, Ali would yell at me.

"There you are! You're ten minutes late. After practice you're cleaning Mrs Walker's classroom" Ali yelled. I sighed. "Okay." I quickly changed into my practice clothes and ran out onto the field. "Okay girls, today's practice is going to be a little bit different. We're going to start out with our pyramid rather than the ground routine." We all grouped up into our stunt groups. We practiced our stunt about four times until Ali was satisfied with it. We then moved on to our ground routine. Ali added a couple of new tumbling in so many of us had to adjust to the change in our routine. About an hour later, practice had ended. I walked to Mrs Walker's room as the other girl's left. "Y/n, I have a list of things that you need to do. Dust the room, wipe down the tables, and sharpen all the pencils. Then once you finish with those things, take out the trash, mop the floors, and sweep them. Got it?" she explained. "Yeah, anything else?" I asked. "Nope. Get to work." I watched as the clouds slowly grew darker and darker by the minute as I cleaned. I started off with the hard stuff. I mopped the floors, swept the floors, and finally took out the trash. Raindrops fell onto the windows as the calming sound of thunder echoed.

A/n- I recommend listening to Sparks by Coldplay while you read this part.

Once I had finished doing everything, I watched as the sky grew darker and raindrops fell harder. I couldn't leave or go anywhere since I didn't have a ride. The phones were also out because of the storm. Zach didn't have a car, Jane didn't either, and Daniel hated me at the moment. I sat on the window ceil and figured I could just wait the rain out. I stared out the window, tracing raindrops with my fingers as I saw two bodies approach near the window. I could make out two faces, Jane and Daniel. I quietly watched them. They seemed to be talking. Suddenly, Daniel leaned in. Their lips touched as my heart broke. I watched him. I watched them. He did it so easily. How could he break my heart as simple as that? We planned a future together, a life. He promised he'd marry me and I promised I'd say yes. It was gone now, long gone.

I ran out onto the football field and shoved Daniel. "How could you?" tears flowed through my eyes. "We're done, Daniel. Over." I wiped the tears away but more just came out. "Her out of all people? I trusted you. We had our whole life put together. I saw sparks..." I ran as fast as I could under the bleachers. Collapsing. This had all happened before, but I trusted him more than anyone and anything in the world. He promised that he wouldn't hurt me again, and I fell for it. He told me he loved me, and I fell for it. Fuck you Larusso, I thought I was your always.