thirty one.

A/n- I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting. Usually, you would expect me to post more on weekends, but I spend my weekends with my friends and family so I'm not as active. I'll try my best to be more active and post more. Thank you guys so so so much for the views! 

Two weeks had passed since my first practice. We had nine practices since then. I had no idea how much of a commitment cheerleading would be, especially for the school. I could tell cheerleading meant a lot to Ali, and I wasn't going to be the one to mess it up.

Our first competition was today. Well, it wasn't really a competition but more of a competition between another team. Ali had told us the previous week that we would get our uniforms the day of the competition. She said to change in the locker room, then meet her out on the field for warm ups. 

Class had finally ended and my stomach was in knots. I knew Daniel would be there which made me feel a little less anxious, but I was still nervous. Once the bell rang, I grabbed my belongings and went to the locker room. I felt a hand grab mine. "Hi babe," I said knowing it was Daniel. "Wait, how'd you know?" he asked kissing my temple. I playfully rolled my eyes. "We've been dating for months now, three to be exact. You would think I know my boyfriends touch." "Oh yeah," he laughed. "I know how anxious you get, so I brought you a milkshake to calm you down." I smiled. "You're the sweetest, Daniel. Thank you." I kissed him. I could see how proud he was with the smile spreading across his face. When we reached the locker room, Daniel leaned up against the wall crossing his arms. "Don't worry. I'll be in the audience watching you. You'll be fine, I promise." I nodded my head as he kissed my forehead. 

I immediately was handed my uniform by Ali. I was given a green skirt, green long sleeve shirt to match, and a green bow. I went and sat my stuff beside Jane. "Hey y/n," she smiled "are you okay?" "Yeah, just a little nervous that's all," I said giving her a reassuring smile. "Don't be. I am too. You'll be amazing." I finished changing and walked out onto the field. The rest of the girls were stretching. I was grabbed by a hand and pulled over to the side of the field. I looked to see Ali. "Y/n, I'm trusting you to be the star of the team. Despite our differences, your the best cheerleader I have. Don't screw this up." I nodded my head. "Yeah, of course." I didn't know I was the best cheerleader on the team. If anything, I thought I was the worst one. 

"On the right we have West Valley High School," I heard the announcer call. I was in stance and I could feel my heart rate speeding up. I took a deep breath. Suddenly, the music started. The routine began easy. I did my tumbling as usual with no one messing up. I landed my back handspring and round off tuck. I backed up into my stunt group. I  was suspended into the air as I did a scorpion. My base was strong, there was absolutely no way we could mess this up. I did my counts in my head. I was being thrown up into the air. I twisted my body around. I felt the comfort of the hands hitting my back knowing that I landed safely.

Daniel's pov

I watched as the cheerleaders stood in there stance. I spotted y/n in the center. Suddenly, music started. The cheerleaders started to tumble. Y/n threw herself into a back handspring landing it perfectly. She was so amazing. She was soon hoisted up into the air. She suspended her leg up into the air. Her back was positioned straight and her legs were perfectly balanced. She then was thrown up in the air. She twisted her self landing in a basket. I was completely mesmerized. I tapped a stranger. "That's my girlfriend!" I said pointing to y/n. "She's amazing, right?" They flashed me a thumbs up. I stood up and cheered as their routine ended. They were perfect. She was perfect.

Y/n's pov

I walked off the field to see Daniel with the widest smile ever. "Oh my god. You did amazing!" he said kissing me. His lips were warm and sweet. Just what I needed at the moment. I laughed. "Thank you," I playfully bowed. He placed his arm around me. "Shoot. I completely forgot about my stuff in the locker room. I'll be right back," I said. He nodded. I quickly ran to the locker room. I ran into Ali crying in the bathroom. "Ali?" I said knocking. "Go away y/n," her voice was shaky. "Ali, open up." The door slowly opened to reveal a heartbroken Ali. "What happened?" I asked. She sniffled, wiping her nose on a tissue in her hand. "Johnny broke up with me. He told me he found someone new." I felt my heart sink into my chest. "Ali, I'm so sorry." I leaned in to give her a hug expecting her to push me away. She gave in. "Ali, you don't need him. You're so much better than a stupid boy. If he can't see how amazing you are inside and out, you don't need him in your life." She softly smiled trying to hold back her tears. "Thank you y/n, really. I know we don't get along but I appreciate you being here for me." "Of course."

I grabbed my stuff and headed towards Daniel. He turned towards me and revealed Jane. "Hey y/n, you did amazing out there today," she said. "Thank you, Jane. You did amazing as well. I'll see you tomorrow." Daniel turned towards me placing his arm around me. "Ready to go?" he asked. I yawned. "Yeah, I'm tired. All that cheerleading has me worn out. Mind if I snuggle on your chest when we get home?" I asked. "Always," he chuckled.