thirty three.

I sat on the bed and watched as Daniel slowly buttoned up his shirt. His hands moving between the buttons and the open stitch. I admired his tan skin in the mirror and his perfectly brushed hair. He chuckled. "You got a staring problem?" he asked. I looked over in embarrassment, blushing a little bit. "Sorry. I'm just really going to miss you," I sighed. Daniel was getting ready to go back to New Jersey with his mom for a little bit. They would be gone for a week. He invited me, but I didn't want to ruin his time with his old friends and family. "Look y/n, I want you to go. You can meet my old friends and my family. It'll be fun, I promise. Ma loves having you, you know that. She adores you. She wouldn't mind, really." I stared at him. "I don't want to ruin your time with your family, that's all. Plus, I feel like you get tired of me," I said flipping over on my back. "You won't ruin my time, I promise. I don't get tired of you either. Just come, please." I bit my lip trying to hide my smile. "Fine, I'll come. On one condition," I said. "What's that?" he asked. "You have to show me around town." "Deal," he chuckled. 

Lucille had drove us to the airport. We were taking a plane since by car it would take almost two days to get to New Jersey. We boarded the plane and found our seats. I was trying to put my luggage in the compartment above me, but failed miserably. "You need help?" Daniel asked. I playfully rolled my eyes, "Yes, please." Daniel was only a few inches taller than me, but he seemed to be able to reach everything I couldn't. He stood over me, pushing my suitcase into the storage compartment. "Thank you babe," I said putting my head on his shoulder. He grabbed my hand and placed his head on top of mine. I slowly drifted off without a care in the world.

About four hours later, I woke up to see that we had arrived at the airport in New Jersey. I got up and reached for my things in my compartment, but I was too short and needed assistance from Daniel again. He chuckled. "I got it," he said lifting his hands above me. 

Lucille had ordered us a taxi as we all waited out front. "Daniel, as you know I'll be staying with uncle Louie. There won't be enough room for the two you, so I'm trusting you can stay in a hotel together?" she explained. A wide grin spread across Daniel's face. "Yeah ma, we can handle it. Right, y/n?" he said. I looked at him. "Right." "Okay, great. I'll give you guys some money to pay for the room and we'll meet at uncle Louie's in two hours." "Alright," Daniel said taking the money from Lucille.

About fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the hotel. I was so tired and jet lagged, it was hard for me to even climb up the stairs leading to the inside of the hotel. "Hello, welcome to Marriot Inn, how can I help you?" a lady asked. "Hi, can we just get a suite. That'll be all," Daniel said handing him the money. 

"How many nights will you be staying?"

"Seven."

"Okay, Your room number is 117. If you take the stairs and turn to your left, you should reach your room," the lady said handing him two room keys.

We made our way up to our room and I immediately collapsed onto the bed, I was exhausted.  "You okay?" Daniel asked setting his stuff down. "yeah, I'm just jet lagged and really exhausted. I'm probably just being dramatic though." Suddenly, he jumped on the bed causing me to fall off. "Daniel!" I shouted. "Sorry," he laughed "I thought maybe it would make you less jet lagged." I playfully threw a pillow at him. "What was that for?" he asked. "Payback!" I got back on the bed and laid my head on his chest. He snaked his arm around me. I felt him drawing random shapes on my arm. "Stop, you're going to make me fall asleep," I said. "Then go to sleep," he said kissing my temple "I'll wake you up when it's time. I'm used to being jet lagged, you aren't. Just close your eyes and rest. I have all the time in the world for you to lay in my arms." I closed my eyes, letting my body relax. I had never felt safer in Daniel Larusso's arms.