twenty seven.

I sat down at my desk waiting for the bell to ring. The paper stating who made the cheerleading team would be pinned on the hallway wall.

dinggggg!!!!

The bell rang. I was so nervous. As much as it wouldn't hurt to not make the cheerleading team, it was the embarrassment I was worried about. If I didn't make the team, I would be embarrassed in front of the whole school. I couldn't let that happen.

I walked slowly down the hall watching as the girls who tried out crowded the hall looking at the sheet. I walked up to the sheet scanning the sheet for my name.

Mariah Greene
Rachael Smith
Rain Anderson
Jane Rodriguez
Ali Mills
Lauren Thomas
Alice Crosby
Sarah Jones
Fiona Brown
Lisa Miller
Jordan Young
Y/n Y/l/n
Hailey Taylor
Hannah Williams
Nina Garcia
Lily Johnson

I smiled to myself. I did it! I made the team. I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Jane. "Congrats y/n! You were amazing at tryouts, I knew you'd make it." "Thanks Jane! You did amazing too. I also want to apologize for being rude to you. I got jealous and i'm sorry." She hugged me. "Y/n, it's okay. I understand it's hard not to get jealous when a girl is all over your boyfriend. We're just friends, I promise" she said. "Thank you for being so understanding. Friends?" She sweetly smiled. "Of course!" "Great! Wanna hang out at my house after school? We can catch up and get to know each other." She nodded. "Definitely." "Okay great!" I was proud of myself and I knew Daniel would be too. She really is a sweet person, I'm glad I chose to make things right.

After school, I rode home with Daniel. "So, did you make the team?" he asked. "You're so impatient," I laughed "yes!" "That's great! I'm proud of you!" He kissed me. "Thanks babe. Oh and I made things right with Jane. I apologized and invited her over after school today." "That's good. I'm glad to hear you guys are getting along." He started the car. "Yeah. She's actually really sweet. I don't know why I got so jealous." He interlaced his fingers with mine. "It's because you care about our relationship. She's great, yes. But you're better. She can't compete with you. Your beautiful, affection, loving, and above all loyal." I rested my head on his shoulder trying to hide my smile. "I can feel you smiling, y'know." I bit my lip trying to contain my smile. "It's just you're so sweet. You always put me first before anything. You always take care of me and check up on me. You spend so much time with me that you could spend with family or friends. I'm just so grateful for you," I said kissing his cheek. "Y/n, your my girlfriend. You're always going to mean everything to me even if we breakup. You mean so much to me which is why I always put you first. Plus, if i'm going to marry you in the future I have to show you that I can treat you right." He playfully winked. "You actually want to marry me?" I asked. "Who wouldn't?" he kissed my head. "You're this amazing, strong, independent women that any guy in the world would be lucky to have. I'm just grateful you chose me. You'd be an amazing mother, you know." I lifted my head up. "Really?" "Yeah. Our kids would be beautiful. They would be so lucky to have you as there mother." "They would be lucky to have you as there father," I giggled. "I love you" Daniel said. "I love you too."