one

One thing Aurelia Rose Clemonte learned from the war is to never take things for granted. She lost her mum after Voldemort's return, 2 of her bestfriends during the war, and all she has now is Alexios Kylo Grimaldi and her father.

Aurelia and Alex decided to go back to school to repeat their 7th year. Is she ready to face the place where she lost her 2 best friends? No, but she had to suck it up, besides she has Alex by her side. To her surprise, the boy who lived there and his 2 best friends decided to go back to school. She could see people gawking at them at the train station and how uncomfortable they are with the unnecessary attention.

Aurelia sat with Alex sitting in silence while gazing at the views until she saw three figures approaching their compartment, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and Harry Potter.

"Everywhere else is full, do you mind?" Said Ron.

"Not at all," said Aurelia gesturing to them to sit.

Aurelia knows the golden trio. She's a Gryffindor and is in the same year as them so she's bound to know them, in fact they were actually close friends for their first three years at Hogwarts. That is until Aurelia confessed her feelings to the boy who lived and he politely rejected her. This caused them to drift apart as Aurelia distanced herself from the trio, however she still talks to Hermione every now and then as she's her roommate. She was devastated and felt awkward around them afterwards, well mainly him.

But like the old saying, sometimes you have to lose something good to get something better. That is when her 3 best friends came into the picture, Davina Huntington, Alexios Grimaldi and Luca Montgomery. The four of them were inseparable, people even thought they would end up with each other, Aurelia with Luca and Alex with Davina. Luca was a Ravenclaw, Davina was a Hufflepuff. Lastly, Alex is a Slytherin. It's cool she thought that their friend group consisted of the four houses.

The whole train ride was awkward, they didn't know how to start a conversation until Hemione said something, "how's your summer?" Hermione internally face-palmed herself. Of course nobody's okay during summer, they just lost so many people during the war. "It was okay, Rellie and I spent the whole summer at my beach house," Alex and Aurelia just nodded.

It's been a while since the trio sat this close with Aurelia, last time was the DA and they didn't even properly talk. She knows about Harry's relationship with Cho in fifth year, she felt a little jealous of her, scratch that, she was extremely jealous of Cho, because Harry rejected her and she got Harry, but she knows not to dwell on the past and she moved on. She dated Ernie Macmilan courtesy to Davina who introduced them together. They dated at the end of fifth year until the end of seventh year. They broke up after the war, because they needed time for themselves. Turns out the Potter boy did the same thing, he broke up with Ginny Weasley at the end of sixth year and has no plan getting back together with her, he needs time for himself.

"So. . . You both are head boy and girl?" Aurelia asked Hermione and Ron when she saw the badge on the two.

"Yes," Hermione beamed.

"I always knew you'd get one," Aurelia smiled at her. "You too Ron."

"Oh year, er- thanks, Aurelia," Ron smiled awkwardly at her.

Throughout the ride, Harry studied Aurelia, the girl who used to be so close to him, they used to be inseparable. How did they end up like this? Now they act like two complete strangers. He didn't know anything about her at all after they drifted apart. Sometimes he felt guilty that he's the reason the trio drifted apart with her, but he can't force his feelings. Hermione was devastated and upset the first months after they stopped hanging out together. She wanted a girl best friend, but she managed with two boys as her best friends.