fourteen

For the next couple of days, Harry avoided Aurelia which she noticed. She recalled all of the things she did with him and she doesn't feel like she did anything wrong to him. Every time she sat with the trio, Harry would avoid looking at her and would only talk to Hermione and Ron. This made her feel like their fourth year all over again.

Did she in some way make it look like she fancies him? Is he disgusted by her presence again? Not again she thought.

She's already used to the presence of the trio and doesn't want to experience a friendship breakup all over again.

During lunch, she decided to sit with Alex which is something she hasn't been doing for a while.

"Wow, you're back here. Trouble in paradise?" Alex teased her.

"What makes you think so?"

"The way you look at them. I was there the last time," he reminded her. "Told you they're bad news. Do you want me to hex them?"

"No thank you, and no, I don't have a problem with them. I just want to spend time with my bestest best friend," she suddenly attacked him with a hug.

"Okay okay! now you can stop bone-crushing me," he shrieked.

"Ungrateful," she huffed.

If the trio wanted to leave her again then so be it. She doesn't want to waste her energy on people who don't even appreciate her.

"What happened?" Hermione asked Harry after she saw Aurelia sitting with Alex instead of them.

"Nothing," said Harry, avoiding eye contact with Hermione.

"I'm not daft Harry. You won't talk to her and you won't even look at her," she scolded him. "You know what happened last time you did this."

"What happened?" asked Ron.

"I don't know. Just stupid universe," Harry huffed.

"Well, just letting you know Harry, we won't take sides anymore and you better fix things up with her or else you will lose her again," Hermione reminded him.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Aurelia was sitting alone in the common room. Not long after that, she saw the trio come in. Hermione and Ron smiled at her before Hermione approached her and sat next to her.

"Hey, what are you reading?" Hermione asked.

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," she answered stiffly. She doesn't even know whether she's pissed at them or not.

"We're not angry at you and we won't leave you. I'll be at my dorm if you need me," Hermione whispered to her before she left her.

Soon later, Harry sat next to her and awkwardly coughed. She looked at him, raising her eyebrows, causing him to rub his neck nervously.

She sighed before saying, "why are you avoiding me? Don't say you're not. I'm not stupid. It happened before. Look I'm sorry if I did something that made you uncomfortable I-"

"Don't apologize!" he stopped her which made her raise her eyebrows.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry I was a git. I just had a lot on my mind. Nothing to do with you though! Don't worry you're perfect, you didn't do anything wrong," he added.

"Alright," she said. "Did you just say I'm perfect?" she teased him which made him look flushed.

"Aren't you?" He raised his eyebrows at her. "Here I got you caramel popcorns."