thirty five

She decided to stay at Alex's for three days and two nights but she had to cut it short due to her father being back from France and wanting to spend time with his daughter before she returned to school. Hermione was upset of course that Aurelia would not spend time at The Burrow before school started. However, since Henry's at The Burrow, she decided to pay a visit to get Henry.

When Aurelia knocked at the door of the burrow, she was greeted by Molly right away.

"Aurelia!" Molly hugged her. "Hermione told me you have to go home. I wish you would've stayed. Bring some of the pastries home darling for your father as well."

"Is it okay?"

"I insist! I made some of these pastries for you."

It didn't take long for Hermione to run down the stairs and engulf her with a hug.

"I miss you!" Hermione beamed and Ron joined the hug not long after that.

"Aurelia," Ginny greeted her after Hermione and Ron's reunion hug.

"Hey Gin!" said Aurelia before hugging the younger girl. Ginny was taken aback by the action, thinking Aurelia didn't like her much. She smiled that it wasn't the case.

"Did you guys enjoy the ice cream?" asked Aurelia to the three.

"Yeah, it was fucking delicious!" Ron beamed and Ginny nodded in agreement.

"Harry liked it the most though. I don't know if you know but strawberry is his favorite flavor," Hermione pointed out, making Aurelia awkwardly chuckled.

"Where is he anyway?" queried Aurelia hesitantly.

No one really knows what happened to the two as they avoided the question every time someone asked them.

Hermione has a hunch of what happened between them. It's not hard to put the two and two together for her since Aurelia told Hermione that the two did something a little more than snogging the other night.

As for Ron, Harry just told him that Aurelia and her will never happen one night which resulted in both boys drinking firewhisky while recalling their previous Hogwart years.

"Er- he's on a date." Ron shifted uncomfortably.

"Oh," a disapproving surprised tone could be heard from Aurelia. "With who?"

"A girl he met at a cafe the other day," Ron answered.

After the semi-awkward conversation about Harry's date, the four decided to sit in the living room. Ginny and Ron were playing chess on the sofa while Hermione and Aurelia were brushing their cats' fur.

Not long after that, they heard someone entering the house.

"Harry!" Ron immediately greeted his best friend, standing up from the sofa to welcome his best mate. "How was the date?"

"It was aw-" Harry stopped himself when he saw Aurelia staring at him. "Amazing!"

"Oh, that's great mate!" Ron patted his shoulder. "When are you going to meet her again?"

"Er- not sure." Harry shifted uncomfortably. "She said anytime though."

"Nice."

Aurelia looked down and started brushing Henry's fur again.

"Did Henry give you a hard time when I was away?" asked Aurelia to Hermione, avoiding Harry and Ron's conversation.

"No, he was very sweet!"

Then the boys approached them. Ron sat at his previous spot and continued to play chest while Harry sat next to Ron fiddling with his fingers.

She could feel Harry was staring at her and she tried to ignore him the best she could.

Stop staring idiot, stop staring.

She had to push down the fluttery feeling in her chest to her stomach. Ignore it, Aurelia, ignore it.

He hasn't greeted her yet and didn't send her any letter when she was away. Everyone did, except him.

"I'm still upset at you for not staying here until school started," Hermione sighed sadly.

"Well, you're not the only one upset at her," Harry muttered, earning a frown from Aurelia.

"I have to. My dad has been away for a long time, he misses me," replied Aurelia, dismissing Harry's comment.

"S'alright," said Hermione. "Where was he anyway?"

"A lot of places I think? but before he arrived here he was in France," explained Aurelia.

"I'm going upstairs," Harry muttered before abruptly standing up and walking away from the living room.

"I'll just go home," said Aurelia awkwardly. "er- thanks for everything Ron," s

"He didn't mean it," Ron blurted out.

"He did," Aurelia replied, chuckling bitterly. "S'alright. Just go check on him."

"Thank you for coming over." Ron hugged her before he went upstairs.

Once Ron left, Hermione and Ginny tackled her in a hug.

"See you at school Aurelia," Ginny beamed, smiling at Aurelia.

As Ginny left, Hermione looked at her, her eyes basically demanded Aurelia explain what just happened.

Aurelia had no other choice but to tell her what exactly happened.

"Rellie. . ."

"You don't have to tell me, I know. I was so shitty to him, I shouldn't have done that," Aurelia sighed. "I can't stop thinking about it alright? I regret it. I wish I could take back what I said because I didn't mean any of it."

"What do you exactly mean when you said you didn't mean any of it?"

"That what happened meant a lot to me just as much as it did to him," stated Aurelia firmly.

Hermione smiled and pulled her into a warm hug, reassuring everything, comforting her.

"I should've never snogged him in the first place. It messed with our heads. It messed us up!"

"Well, at least you acknowledge your feelings now," Hermione smirked at her. "As Harry's friend, you really hurt his feelings by leading him on, however as your friend I understand why you did what you did. You still treated him better than what he did to you years ago in my perspective. If I were you I'd probably hex him the minute he confessed to me but you didn't. Just do what you want and what you think is best for yourself okay?"

"Okay."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ ✎ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ ♡! ]

I have a new harryfict bc WHY NOT. Idk why I made it tbh but I did. It's no voldy au (but Harry's still the boy who lived, james and lily are alive as well). You can check it out if you want, it's called Zoia. She's a hufflepuff. Since Harry pinning over one girl since first year plot is overdone, it won't be like that. It takes place in ootp/fifth year until dh/seventh year (I think).

^ that was the Author's note when I first wrote this chapter. I was talking about Zoia (': Crazy how far Zoia and this book has come.

Ily, have a good day, and thank you thank you so much for enjoying my books <33