thirty nine

After dinner, Harry dragged Aurelia to his dorm to show her what he got for her. They are currently running in the middle of the hallway while their hands are intertwined.

Finally, they were at his dorm, alone, just the two of them. Aurelia decided to sit on his bed while he was getting something from his drawer. He then sat next to her and handed her a small paper bag.

"Open it," he encouraged her excitedly.

When she opened it, she saw he got her twenty colorful tiny butterfly hair clips wrapped inside a plastic.

"I think it would look good on your hair." He smiled brightly at her. "Here let me demonstrate it, may I?"

Aurelia nodded and gave him the hair clips. He then started to push strands of her hair back then clip it. He kept doing that for a while until her hair no longer touched her forehead as if she's wearing a bandana.

"C'mere, see it for yourself," he told her before he dragged her to the mirror.

She then looked at herself, smiling. It does look cute on her.

"You look like a fairy," he gushed, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and kissed her cheek.

"You're such a softie," she cooed before she turned her body around and wrapped her arms around his neck.

She just stared at him, studying every detail on his face. The beautiful face of his. She could tell, underneath those beautiful eyes, he's tired. She knows underneath those happy faces he always puts on, he is still struggling inside. He doesn't talk much about it, perhaps he isn't ready for now but maybe, sometime later, he will, and when he is ready, she will be there for him. But her main focus now is his scar — the scar that brought him years of misery.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows at his girlfriend who's staring intently at him.

Aurelia then brushed his hair off his forehead and traced her thumb on his lightning bolt scar. He closed his eyes, feeling any leftovers of indignation washed away with a single touch. The fluttery feeling feels like an increase in blood circulation. He knows for a fact he has an increase in bpm. Not to mention the butterfly feeling that seems to spread across his body, starting from his stomach down to his femurs and his toes.

Suddenly her thumb was replaced with a soft and warm touch of her lips, making his breath hitched.

"You're beautiful you know that," she whispered, maintaining her eye contact with him once he opened his eyes.

"Some people have said that to me," he replied cockily, making her roll her eyes at him.

Harry chuckled and suddenly carried her on his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" she shrieked. "My face is literally so close to your ass!"

"Mine's too," he replied and even though she couldn't see his face, she could feel him smirking.

Harry then put her down on his bed and grabbed something from his drawer again. He grabbed four pairs of barbies and the other three were a complete mess.

"Failed transfiguration," he informed her, talking about the three barbies.

One doesn't have an arm, the other one doesn't have a leg, and the last one is only a half. However, this particular one looks quite similar to her.

"Look at this one, it looks like you right! Even wore the cardigan I knitted for you and the beanie! I knitted it myself! Didn't take that long since it's small. Cool right?" he said proudly. "It's for you."

She took the Barbie and examined it.

"I learned how to tie long hair with this barbie," he informed her. "It's you, Lia! It's creepy romantic that your boyfriend made a replica of you in a barbie form. But still cool Lia! Even Hermione was impressed with my transfiguration skill — you like it though right?" His shoulder dropped.

Aurelia laughed then pulled him into a kiss after she put down the barbie.

She smiled during the kiss, feeling all sense of her heightened, and decided to pull away before things escalated.

She cupped his face and stroked his cheek with her thumb. "Of course I do! And I happen to think it is cool. I'm proud of your transfiguration skill as well, H."

"Sleep here," he suggested.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you'll drool on me."

"Hey! I will not!" he retorted.

"But I really can't though. Hermione wants to hang out with me after this," she said apologetically.

"Drop her. Hang out with me instead. I am so fun to hang out with, I can do cartwheels!" He tried to convince her.

She smiled at him before pecking his lips.

"Tomorrow," she told him.

"Fine," he huffed.

"I actually have to go now. Goodnight, Harry," she said softly to him before planting a kiss right on his forehead scar.

"Night." He smiled sadly while waving his hand pathetically at her.