2. Kane

"DISMISSED!" I roar out in frustration at the teenage wolves who scurry away quickly.

Incompetent, lazy, weak pups! They will soon have a rude awaking with the regime I have planned for them. No one in this pack slacks off, everyone here pushes themselves or I shove them! I refuse for anyone training under me to be a warrior to be weak. Weakness is death.

My chest is heaving from my pent-up anger, the veins on my forehead visible. 

My wolf Dex has been pining since this morning, the air shifted in the pack lands, a new scent perhaps? My wolf has not shut up since about it. 

It's had us both on edge constantly, my wolf has no idea what it is but he is nervous, he is NEVER showing emotion, not to me or anyone and it's really starting to agitate me further.

"So irritating, just tell me what the fuck you want me to do about it!" I growl out in annoyance at my wolf.

Something about today just felt different, it made me feel more pent up than usual.

"IT'S MATE! I have a feeling mate is close... we must get close to mate, it has to be mate... I never smelt this before... it's her, she's here! Mate!!"

What the fuck did he just say? 'Mate'?

Just as I was about to freak out sniffing the air like a fucking hound dog and banging on people's doors to show me proof, my beta voice comes through mind link, making me halt as I almost went into meltdown.

"I need to see you, it's about Amanda's friend..."

Her friend? What is the problem now? 

This is exactly why I avoided letting anyone in other than family, I have no fucking time to deal with the problems of strangers, especially outsiders.

"I'll be at the packhouse in 2." I say in annoyance.

I already gave him and Amanda permission for her to enter through the border, my wolf's sudden interest at the thought of this human girl has him even more on edge, he has never made his opinion before on a weak human, so why now?

I run back to the packhouse in wolf form, I make it to the edge near the house then transform back into my human form, I go to pick up the shorts I stashed near a tree and I start putting them on I see Lucas already here waiting for me at the forest edge close to the packhouse.

When I get closer to Lucas, I notice instantly that he smells good, amazing actually, I sniff the air and it's coming from around him, glancing around the packhouse then around outside. 

My wolf caught the scent also and began panting in my head, the strong scent coming from him was making our senses go on high alert, and making us felt not in control.

Could what Dex said to be true? I have a mate in the pack right now? Does that mean she's younger? Is that why I couldn't find her?

So many questions, but I couldn't speak, my thoughts were working in overdrive and all I could think of is... I need to see her, now.

My voice comes out quieter than I wanted it to, I barely recognize it. "Who's smell is that?"

Lucas's eyes widen slightly in shock then he looks happy when his eyes flicker with realization.

"Sora... Amanda's friend... is.. is she your-"

I interrupt him, losing control of my wolf. "Where is she?!" I growl out.

My wolf comes out forcefully, my eyes turning red "WHERE.IS.MATE?" Dex growla out into his face, making Lucas lower his eyes submitting to the authority of me and my wolf.