Bonus Chapter 2, Black in town

Sora POV

You've got to be kidding me right now.

I gape widely at Kane as I watch him as he comes down the stairs twirling the car keys around his finger, smirking at me as I hold hands with my two children, Caelan and Lisla.

"Ready to go into town babe?" Kane smiles handsomely at me and I blink and stare at him, completely dumbfounded as to why he's here right now.

"Wait- What... What do you think you're doing? Didn't you have an important meeting today?" I quiz him and he shrugs and picks up Lisla from beside me, she wraps her arms around Kane's neck and she giggles when he tickles her with his beard as he kisses her cheek.

Kane leans in and kisses me on the lips, his breath smells like fresh mint, I didn't even notice from the kiss that he opened the door behind me, he leans back and smirks at me. "I pushed it back to spend time with my family." He says with a wink.

I hold onto Caelans hand with a frown as I watch him walk with Lisla to the car. "Your daddy is impossible, huh Cae?" I say down to my little boy.

Caelan shrugs and I can't help but fear he is the exact mini replica of Kane, both the men in my life are very cheeky, stubborn, and thick-skinned, our children are both four, and every day they act more and more like Kane, thankfully Lisla takes more after me, thank god, two Kanes is too much!

I follow Kane and strap Caelan into the car seat just as Kane does with Lisla in the back seat, he's sat in the front driver seat and I can see his smug grin from the mirror in front of him.

He's so sneaky.

I have a sneaky suspicion he only pushed back the meeting because he is being overprotective but won't admit it, after I told him I was taking the children to Deepwater to have a mini-vacation, instantly I could feel how it made Kane and his wolf feel, I can feel all his emotions when it involves me and the children going anywhere.

Even after all these years and since the first day we met, he hasn't changed a single bit.

It's what I love about him though.

Getting into the seat next to him he starts the car and he drives off, I turn the radio on and soft music fills the speakers with music both the children and I enjoy, Kane doesn't mind, only recently he started enjoying listening to music because of the children.

"Daddy, can we get ice pops?" Caelan asks Kane as I tap my finger to the song 'Dirty Paws'.

Kane grunts, looking in the mirror to stare at his son. "Have you been good to your mom?" He asks Caelan and I see my little boy's head bob innocently in the back seat, making me smile widely.

He's so cute.

I poke Kane on his leg, gaining his attention. "Of course you can baby, daddy will get you one when we get into town, won't you, daddy?" I chuckle and stick to tongue out at Kane, to which he just shakes his head and grins, he squeezes my leg with his hand and sighs.

"Fine."

Both kids in the backseat cheer and it's peaceful again, we pass the beautiful tall trees I've missed so much from the human realm and it reminds me of the first time I came to Deepwater five years ago in Lucas's truck.

It seems like it happened in a past life, so much since then has changed, Kane is king and we moved to The Vale shortly after he passed the title to Alpha to Lucas, his beta and best friend. Amanda and Troy now have moved into a much larger home Kane had made with Lucas in his spare time and it's absolutely beautiful and right next door to the house Kane built for me.