12. Kane

"Alpha, Alpha Braum is calling." My secretary's voice comes through my phone and I slump back in my seat.

"Put him through." I say as I rub my forehead.

This fucking headache. All I want to do is leave and go to my mate who I like to think is still in bed, unable to move from how many times I claimed her last night.

These past few weeks have been so good with my mate but now it's back to running a pack, long days and constant migraines at the fucking incompetence of some people I deal with, in and out the pack grounds.

"Alpha Braum, to what do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected call." I say sarcastically.

"Alpha Black." He makes my acquaintance. "I heard you have a mate." He says quizzingly and I growl lowly.

"What do you want Braum." I growl out.

I knew there was a fucking reason Braum would be calling me. He's so far up her ass that I'm sure he loves doing her dirty work. Pathetic excuse for an Alpha.

"Or should I ask, what does Lila want." I add.

He growls. "That is your majesty to you Dog!" He barks out and I laugh amused. Dog?

She will never be my queen. She's weak, fragile and has others do her work for her, the royal family really has gone downhill since Blacks left the scene. Lila is a child nonetheless, Braum's sudden call must be her making the first move. I knew it would come but not this soon. I need to act wisely.

I hide the venom in my voice as I glare at the phone picturing my hand around his neck squeezing as I watch the life fade from his pathetic worthless body. "My apologies, now what can I do for you." I say hiding my hatred.

Lucas enters my office and he frowns and points to the phone and I nod.

"Her Majesty wants to meet you and your Luna for tea. Let's say, tomorrow, noon. At the castle." He says and I can feel my wolf and I get pissed off. How dare she think she can command us.

Desperate to break this phone and smash this desk in half. I grip the bridge of my nose and control my breathing.  "We will be there." I spit out and hang up the phone. Throwing it across the room caused it to break into pieces. I'm breathing heavily, needing to break more things to control the two beasts inside me.

"I see I came at a bad time." Lucas speaks.

I glare at him and he puts his hands up as a surrender. "Woah, I come in peace. " he says amusingly. "Are you sure that's wise, to meet her?"

Putting my hands through my hair for the 100th time today I nod. "Like I have a fucking choice here, the word is out and it's only going to get worse if I ignore her."

He nods with worry on his face. "This is not good then. What are you going to do?" He asks.

I try to mask my sinister smile and knowing plan. I have thought about this scenario a million times. I knew Lila would do this and she knew I would accept. I've had years to plan this out.

I shrug. "You know me Lucas, I do what I must."

"That's what worries me." He says knowingly.

*****

Entering the front door of our home, I smell instantly that Sora is upstairs in her studio. It makes me and my wolf overjoyed that we did a good thing and she loves it.

Unless she's in bed with me, she spends all her free time there.

I don't knock as I go inside and I see her, illuminated from the light outside, she's glowing and the sight takes my breath away every time I see her. Raw beauty.