24. Kane

The pain in my head has been a constant for a week now, I'm seething mad at my mate but fuck I miss her so much, I just want to take back my words to her.

After digging the grave for Lex we haven't spoken much, I have begged on my knees, broken a door, and sent her all kinds of shit she likes.

Lex was a surprise, I did not think he would be the one to turn and spy, but it happened and now it has left a void in many people who were close to him. Also, the pack grounds have been hectic with whispers they were no longer safe on my grounds.

My line of defense is impeccable, which means someone else, in this camp, is part of Orion.

It's been three days and no scent and today is the day I leave for The Vale.

To kill or capture Benjamin Braum and his army of murderers. My goal is to destroy everything they touched, every dark corner of the world I will hunt them down and end this terror for my people, as the king I feel a bigger urge to protect now more than ever.

It's in my bloodline, this is who I am.

I have eyes and ears all over the camp. I have men and women warriors who keep eyes on every single individual on my land. No one is moving without me knowing about it.

I'm currently in my office staring at paperwork for my leave to The Vale. Our goal is simple, one of my fighters, and I know the consequences.

Fighting against dark magic has always been a threat to my kind, they play dirty and even more so when they're alone, which is why the mission is ever so more dangerous, but one all of us will make for the good of those who still dare to fight against such evil fucking creatures of dark magic.

Today we leave, today it ends and today one of us is not going to leave The Vale alive.

Benjamin Braum has no more moves to make. I have information he has been in castle black ever since the death of Aeyon, supposedly with the family of Ayeon as a hostage.

Confirmation on the family is yet to be confirmed but one thing is for sure, he is there... that walking corpse is in my ancestor's home.

Like a bug that I will crush.

The door to my office opens abruptly. "Kane we are ready for leave, the men and wolves are getting restless." General Marcus Knoxenberg says impatiently. He is dressed in our finest armor. Like myself, we are ready for battle.

I stand up and crack my neck. "How many are staying?" I ask as I gather my cursed knives and strap them into my boots and hidden pockets.

Marcus grumbles. "Inside pack lands, twenty thousand, stationed outside the portal we have two hundred guarding, two thousand waiting on the other side of the portal and we have fifty thousand at our disposal scattered in wait to take siege on castle black."

"If the information is correct, Braum has no less than a thousand with him, this should be quick." He finishes with a shrug.

I stare at him and smirk.

"What?" He asks looking at me with a frown.

I shrug my jacket on. "Oh there are more, believe me, general I know Braum, he will not die without fighting." I say as my grin widens.

I count on him being the Braum I remember, he is not an Alpha who would give up so easily, not to me... and I look forward to seeing what dirty moves he will make.

His whole existence is relying on others to do his dirty work, a thousand inside the castle are there for a show like a 'come and see' but he forgets, I know him.