14. Kane

Waiting patiently with Sora in what I suppose is the royal tea room. I look around and nothing has changed since the first time I came here, many years ago.

Paintings, pointless art pieces, the same dull red curtains I want to set on fire, along with everything in this room.

I was just about to glance at my watch, pissed off when the doors open, I stand making my mate join me and then we see her, we watch as The Queen enters.

"Her royal highness Lila Grinmorte of The Vale." Is announced and then our eyes connect.

She looks the same. Pale blonde hair, dull purple eyes, pale skin.

Her very being makes me want to reach over and squeeze the life from her as I watch her choke to death on her own blood.

"My my, I apologize as I am a little late." She says as she looks me dead in the eye than to my mate and I grow tense.

I hold my mate's hand and we sit when Lila sits.

"You're an hour late. But who's counting." I say sarcastically.

She laughs as she claps her hands excitable, the sound making Sora flinch. "Oh how I have missed you Kane!" She says with a devilish grin. "And this beautiful creature must be her." She asks me.

Before I could open my mouth, Sora speaks.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness." My mate says sweetly.

To which Lila smiles amusingly looking in my direction. "My! A human!" She looks over to Sora quizzingly. "Tell me Human Sora, how did you meet Kane?" She asks my mate curiously.

Sora shifts in her seat uncomfortable. "Through a friend."

Lila hums. "How amusing! Let's have tea shall we?" She says as he looks between us with curiosity.

I sigh trying not to glare at her for constantly staring at my mate.

Servants enter the room as soon as she rings a bell with a horrible sound. The room is quiet and I can only hear the sound of my mate's heartbeat. Calming the beast and my wolf listening to the steady rhythm.

"Tell me, how long has it been since your last visit Alpha."

I mask my hatred with a smile as I clench my fists. "Not long enough."

Sora tenses beside me. "Did you know he declined all my invitations Luna? Very rude this Alpha." She says amusingly as she sips her tea, her pinky finger raised.

She sighs dramatically. "But now I do love seeing you in a suit." She says towards me with a wink.

I growl as a warning.

She smirks and shrugs. "Let's get to the point shall we?" She says seriously as she looks at me coldly.

There she is. "I was wondering how long you would keep up this charade."

Giggling she puts a piece of paper on the gold table in front of me and sits back.

I open it and sit back, watching her amusingly as she watches my emotion with interest.

"It's a treaty." She says.

I crumple the piece of paper and throw it in the pot of tea. Standing up I stand in front of Lila, my height intimidating her. "Tell me what you really brought us here for." I demand in my Alpha tone.

She shrinks behind my tone and is taken aback. No other can deny the command of the true king, she knows this as does everyone else who is following her in The Vale.