16. Kane

"I need eyes on Braum and a team, no one is to know, is that understood?" I say glancing up at Lex.

"Yes, Alpha."

Glancing back down at the paper in front of me with my handwritten order one last time before I sign and hand it over to my Lead warrior Lex.

ALPHA BRAUM
Order: S&C

I Alpha Kane Locus Black of Deepwater Pack declare the SEIZE and CAPTURE of one ALPHA BENJAMIN BRAUM.

DEAD OR ALIVE.

S.S&A
Kane Locas Black

I sign the order and stamp it with my pack logo.

"I want immediate report on every single movement of my operatives. And tell Larson I want to contact him." I command towards Lex.

"Yes Alpha, of course." He says and I nod for him to leave.

Going back to my work I notice he is reluctant to move.

"Yes?" I ask glancing up at him from the stack of paperwork, tired and in no mood for chatter.

"How is Sora? I haven't heard from her since.. "

I interrupt. "She is none of your concern right now." I snap. "What is of your concern is to deliver that, we are on the verge of war! She's my mate and my concern, not yours." I say glaring at him.

He nods and bows before exiting through the double doors, closing them with a loud bang.

I ask myself so many times... Why couldn't Sora be friends with anyone other than Lex? The guy is a pain in my ass but he is undoubtedly one of my best wolves.. annoying as fuck but he cares for Sora and she needs more like him in her life, preferably I prefer females.

Sitting back in my chair, rubbing my eyes I glance at the time. I've been here since 4:00 AM yesterday. Sora brings me to lunch with her guards not far behind her.. we sit and eat every day and I share everything with her, she has shown me she can handle the reality of everything happening and that is... very hard for me to grasp but I cannot ignore that she's right.

Snapping out of my thoughts when Lucas walks through the door.

"She's ready for you."

Great. I make my way from my office and down to the interrogation room on ground zero, underneath the packhouse. I had this made the first time I came into contact with a shifter. Completely magic-proof and completely soundproof, also anyone would be lucky to escape this. Designed to only allow high-ranking wolves I approve of with access.

Making my way to the room Lila is currently sitting in I open the door and peer down at her.

She looks barely rested.

Good.

"Let's cut the crap shall we Grinmorte. I'm a busy guy and you are trespassing but most importantly, why come to me now?" I ask as I lean against the wall facing her.

She's chained in the middle of the room to the floor. On her knees. Clothes matted and dirty. It's been a week since and I restricted all food except water for her and her people.

This makes prisoners more talkative. But of course, I have other tactics to make people talk, but I find it more effective to make them suffer before the real interrogation begins.