Chapter Three - Town Trip

When Nyr returned, she sat up with one immense yawn and a fierce stretch, nearly letting out a cathartic scream.

Nyr - "Aghh.. I'll never get over how accurate simulated grogginess is.."

After clearing her eyes she takes a good look around, her curious companion was nowhere to be seen.

Nyr - "She must've got back on before me.."

Re-equipping the heavier parts of her gear, she heads out of the tent and packs it up.

Nyr - "Heck.. Well she can't have gone far.."

She raises her hand to the side of her head, the shallow channels on her headgear glow with increased intensity.

Listening in, all the ambient sounds of the forest and hills seem to drown away, and then she picks up a faint whishing sound coming from the direction of the river.

A quick jaunt through the short forest path opens into a riverside clearing where a particular white haired girl can be witnessed casting a crude fishing rod into the slow moving water.

Nyr - "Heyyy!"

Syr - "Took you long enough."

Nyr - "Eheh, sorry, I had some things to take care of.."

Syr - "Huh?"

Nyr - "Ohp- Nothing!"

She rapidly looks around nervously as she approaches and spots something she hadn't noticed before, a pile of fish beside Syr.

Nyr - "H-Have you been out here all day?"

Syr - "Got bored waiting for you.."

Nyr - "Ehh, sorry.."

Nyr - "Soo, did you have a good time getting back in..?"

Syr - "Why do you always phrase things so weird?"

Nyr - "Eheh.. Call it a quirk?"

Syr - "Hmmh..!"

Nyr - "But, really.. Nothing strange like yesterday happen or anything..?"

Syr - "..Not that I'm aware of.."

Nyr - "Okay, good good.. "

Nyr - "And, do youuu maybe remember anything else now..? Any new insights on your situation..?"

Syr - "There's something very suspicious about you right now, but I can't quite place it.."

Nyr - "E-Eheheheh.. I-I'm not really sure what you're talking about, you know!"

Syr - "Well of course you wouldn't admit it."

She shrugs nonchalantly.

Syr - "But anyway, I don't think I remember anything else yet.. I remember yesterday still at least so, I guess that's good? I'm still intrigued, and I don't exactly have anything better to do, what with the whole no memory thing.."

Nyr - "O-Ohh.. That's.. great!"

Nyr ~ Dang it! That's so ambiguous, but I'm too scared to ask directly..!

Syr - "What..? Do you not want me around anymore?"

Nyr ~ Did she really get logged out last night..? Did she realize it's a game and come back just for fun? Or.. Is there really something sinister going on here and she never left..? I-I can't just tell her.. Best case scenario, I sound like a total idiot trying to explain to someone playing a video game that they are indeed, playing a video game..! In the worst case, she freaks out about being trapped here and there's nothing we can do about it anyway! We'd have to contact some kind of authority maybe.. I-I don't want to get wrapped up in this if.. i-if I'm the only one who can do something about it, I can't take this