Chapter Nine - Gearing Up

Nyr - "Mrrrrrnnnn.. Ahhhhhhhhhh.."

Returning to the world, Nyr's body creaks and grinds back into action with a satisfying yawn and stretch.

While not strictly necessary, such actions help reacclimate oneself when returning from their suspended existence.

Nyr gives a cursory look around the room to confirm her surroundings, and to her side she sees the expected sight of an unconscious girl.

Nyr - "Hmm.."

She leans over to give Syr a good shake.

But there's no response.

Nyr - "[Sighs] Well, as expected. Maybe she'll at least get the disturbance notification. Though who am I kidding, everyone turns those off.. But she is a noob, on a technicality, a brain damage based technicality.."

She wanders back to the events of last night, and what she had said just as Syr fell asleep.

Nyr - "Eehhh!"

Her hands shoot up to give her face a couple of synchronized slaps.

Nyr - "Welp, no use thinking about that now!"

She says as she jumps out of her sleeping bag, grabbing her gear and running out of the door with an unnecessary swiftness.

Nyr - "Bhh.. She knows how to contact me anyway.."

Standing outside their house and taking in the morning view, she raises her card to her head, waiting for a moment.

Nyr - "Yooo Flux! What are you doing on so early?"

...

Nyr - "Ahh uhuh, well, I was just calling to ask about-"

...

Nyr - "Nooo! No more handouts I promise!"

...

Nyr - "Eheh.. Syr just needs an actual armor set if we're gonna hunt some stuff that'll really fight back. So just wanted to make sure you're down. But it sucks to have to go back already considering we just got here.."

...

Nyr - "What do you mean that won't be necessary?!"

...

Nyr - "Up..?"

She looks up on cue to spot an industrial cargo airship fly into view over the village clasping an entire small building.

Nyr - "Uhh.."

Watching dumbstruck, her eyes follow the structure down as it's lowered from the airship into the village, now obstructed by the treeline.

Nyr - "..See you soon.."

The card beeps as she moves to place it back in storage.

Syr - "Woah, what was that..?"

Nyr - "Ahh!!"

Startled, Nyr flings her card upwards, flumbling as she tries desperately to catch it.

Syr grabs it effortlessly as it slips between Nyr's grasp, and hands the card back to its owner.

Nyr - "Nnnn, why would you scare me like that!?"

Syr - "Not intentional.."

Nyr - "Hmph.. Uhm, you didn't.. hear anything last night.. Did you..?"

Syr - "Huh..?"

Nyr - "Eh, nothing! C'mon, we've got somewhere to be!"

Syr - "Huh..? Eeehh!"