Chapter Six - Registration

Nyr - "This is it!"

Before them was a building that looked like it was actively being renovated into a space-age outpost.

The signage made it clear that this was the new guild post in the village.

Syr - "Do all the guild buildings have to look like that?"

Nyr - "It's their aesthetic.."

Nyr - "C'mon!"

She darts up to the door which quickly slides open and she rushes inside.

Nyr - "UwooAHHH- OOF!!!"

Upon entering, Nyr trips- no, slips and falls flat on her face.

Nyr - "Owwww.."

Robotic Voice - "Caution: walkable surface has decreased traction when lubricated by cleaning fluid."

Nyr - "What the.. What are you?!"

Syr - "And why is it so verbose?"

Syr walked in behind her, careful to maintain her grip.

She reaches down to help Nyr up off the ground and pulls her to her feet.

Nyr - "Thanks.."

Syr lightly rubs Nyr's face where it had contacted the floor, wiping away this mysterious cleaning fluid, causing her to blush and look away involuntarily.

The robot interrupts the moment.

Robot - "Answer: I am remote janitorial initiative machine, code: JB-01, designation: JBot."

The bot was spherical in design with a section that always remained on top as it rolled around.

It didn't have much in the way of a face, only a blinking light indicating its speech.

The sphere was lined with plenty of various grooves and sections with field components slotted in.

Biggs makes a tiny roar, or as much as he can given his small form-factor, and leaps from Syr's shoulder at JBot.

Syr - "Biggs..?!"

He tackles the cleaning bot and begins attempting to gnaw on parts of the machinery.

JBot - "Conflict: assault by creature."

JBot - "Suggestion: Remove creature."

Nyr bursts into laughter as the two miniature adversaries battle it out.

Nyr - "Ahaha! They're so adorable!"

Syr stifles some laughter watching as well.

Syr - "I know- eheh.. but we can't just let him attack the robot..!"

Biggs kicks the bot away with his hind paws, sending it careening into the wall.

JBot - "Operational error: sudden change in velocity detected."

Syr hurries over to grab Biggs by his scruff before he can cause any more trouble.

Syr - "What has gotten into you?!"

Biggs - "[Chirp chirp..!]"

Syr - "This is no good Mr. Biggles.. I am disappointed in you.."

Biggs - "[Chirp..]"

Nyr looks on with a smug expression like she's trying not to laugh.

Syr - "Whaatt?!"

Nyr - "O-Oh, nothing!"