Chapter Eight - Confessions

Nyr - "Wahoo! Score one for team White Fire!"

Syr - "Ehh, can we just not bring attention to the name.."

Nyr - "Yeahh finee.. Soo, how was it..?!"

Syr - "Hmph, it was a bit intense, but hardly a challenge."

Nyr - "Well, well, now! Next time I suppose I'll grab us something more threatening! Though, I suppose in that case we'll want to improve your armor situation."

Syr - "Oh yeah.. How come we never got me any protective gear..?"

Nyr - "It's not like we could've afforded any!"

Syr - "Fair."

Nyr - "Besides, armor isn't that effective anyway. At least when up against brute force. It's more about the abilities that you mod in. And the best gear is crafted from scavenged monster components you won't find at the markets!"

Syr - "What about yours then?"

Nyr - "Ahhh I haven't had much time or resources to put into this. It's pretty stock as is."

Syr - "Well what about the stuff from this guy?"

She motions to the dead lizard.

Nyr - "Hmm, thanks to your unsavoury stunt earlier, we've got plentyyy of these wind components now. However, for reasons that are probably obvious, the wind element isn't exactly the most popular choice among hunters. It does have its uses though, so we should grab what we can to sell later. And you should carve any extra bits you think would look cool!"

Syr - "What?! Gross!"

Nyr - "C'mon, we went and killed the thing, we may as well use its bits! Wearing the bits of the prey you've killed is a big power move, very intimidating to most monsters."

Syr - "Jeez.."

Nyr - "We better get to it if we want to make it back before dark. Hhhhff, I am starvingg as well. We forgot to get something to eat with how busy we were today.."

Syr - "I hardly noticed, given how we gorged ourselves last night.. I feel gross too after that though, I just want a nice bath to get this disgusting stench off me.."

Nyr - "Yeah, I guess that wind is basically tainted with the stupid lizard's moist, damp, rotting insides.."

Syr makes a face that looks like she's going to hurl, Nyr looks half mischievous, half guilty.

They get to carving up their kill and scavenging what they can.

Nyr deals with 'disassembling' the grotesque fusion of flesh and machinery that was dispelled from the lizard.

Syr reluctantly carves some bits from its body in some dainty motions, as well as a slice of untainted meat that she throws to Biggs, who seems to enjoy it greatly.

Syr - "Hmh, carnivores.."

Biggs - "[Chorrp!]"

Nyr - "Whew, you get everything?"

Syr - "I suppose so.."

Nyr - "Right, then let's get back to the village. We've got some relaxing to do!!"

She shoves all the spoils into her pouch.