Chapter ??? - #̵͙̂̐̀@̵̡̥͍̃̋$̶̢̭͔͋̏̔^̵̯̹̖͆͘*̶̰͕̈́̈́̒&̵̲͌̾́!̷̰̉%̷̛̙̩̩̋͘

A few days later:

Outside their house sits a terminal recently connected to a video call, Nyr excitedly positioned in frame.

Nyr - "Heyy!"

Toad - "Eyy it's good to finally get to see you again!"

Nyr - "You too, guys!"

Bear - "Though you're looking a lot more colorful than the last time we saw you.."

Nyr - "Eheh.. Yeahh well, y'know, the benefits of your existence being virtual I guess.."

Bear - "Oh I didn't mean to-"

Zero - "Well I think you look stunning as always."

Nyr - "Ahah, thanks..!"

Zero - "Or at least, the approximately ninety-five point four-two percent that's left of you looks stunning anyway.."

Everyone on the call gives a chuckle at the strangely specific joke.

Nyr - "Hahah..!"

Zero - "What happened to you anyway? Shouldn't you just fix that?"

Nyr - "What? This?"

She dawns a smug mug as she lifts her stump towards the camera.

Nyr - "Lost it to an epic dragon~"

Toad - "And you're proud of that..?"

Nyr - "How many people do you know that can say they lost an arm fighting a DRAGON?!?"

Nyr - "Still won that fight by the way~"

Toad - "Fair point.."

Nyr - "Just you wait until I get my new prosthetic..!"

Bear - "I think she looks cool and tough now..!"

Nyr - "THANKS!"

Zero - "Aha.. Well, how's the house anyways?"

Nyr - "Oh- It's alright, luckily it didn't get damaged in all the chaos. A lot of places weren't so lucky.. As expected there wasn't any way to roll back the server."

Toad - "Sheeesh."

Nyr - "But it's alright, everyone's bonding over the repair efforts..!"

Nyr - "Oh wait! Check this!"

She spins the floating camera around to show off the incredible view from their house, making sure to get the river and mountains all in the shot.

Bear - "Woahh!"

Toad - "Show off.."

Nyr - "Heheheh.."

Giggling, the image smears as she flips it back around.

Zero - "Have you settled in there yet?"

Nyr - "Ah, technically we'd already been living here for a while before everything, so it's been strangely familiar and comforting.."

Bear - "Well that's nice!"

Toad - "Have you.. tried to contact your parents yet..?"

Nyr - "Oh.. N-Not yet.."

Toad - "You know you have to at some point right.. Preferably before they find out you're missing."

Nyr - "I knowww but what the heck am I supposed to tell them?! 'Sorry mom and dad but I did some weird stuff and got sucked into a virtual world so I'm never coming home again! P.S. Sorry about not finishing university..!'"