Chapter Fifteen - New Heights

A new morning, the light leaks in through the surrounding windows and fills the room with warm light.

The soft pillowy embrace of their new bed pulls on her consciousness, making it difficult to wake up.

As her eyes open, they're met with a strange sight.

Syr - "N-Nyr!?!"

The huntress was knelt on the other side of the bed, staring down at the sleeping beauty.

Nyr - "Eyeehhh!"

She fumbles off the bed backwards, Syr sitting up with surprise.

Syr - "W-Were you watching me sleep..?!"

Nyr - "No! No no no! I-I just got here, I swear!"

Syr - "[Sighs..]"

Syr - "Whatever, at least you're back.."

Nyr - "Yeah..! So, are you ready for a really fun day of hardcore relaxation..!?"

Syr - "Hmph.."

Nyr - "E-Eh..?"

Syr - "Don't you have something to say to me.."

Nyr - "Ahh.. Yeahh well, I'm sorry.. I'm just a big dummy okay..! I shouldn't have left but I just panicked a little and it was really stupid and I'm sorry but yesterday was a lot and I've thought about it now and it was dumb because I'm a big ol' dummy but I swear that won't happen again because I've achieved enlightenment I promise..!"

Syr - "Phhhhfff ahaha..! What..?! C'mere.."

She motions her to the bed, following suit and sitting down off the side.

Nyr - "Eh..?"

Syr - "You're not a 'big dummy', okay..?"

Nyr - "Are you-?"

Nyr - "-Hooof!!"

A pillow slams into her head at high velocity.

Syr - "Ahaha! Maybe a dork, but not a dummy."

Nyr - "Bwhhhh!"

Syr - "So, what's the actual plan, huh?"

Nyr - "A-Ahhh.. It's kinda goofy but, I was hoping we could go somewhere.. Somewhere quiet and with a great view.. Together.."

Syr - "How's that goofy..? As long as it's not too hard to get to, I mean we're supposed to relax after all."

Nyr - "Yeahh, eheh.. You know what I mean though.."

Syr - "I suppose..?"

Nyr - "G-Good then! Well actually I was thinking some place really high up.."

Syr - "Hahhh..?"

Nyr - "I swear it'll be worth it, the hike is really fun and not that hard. Plus it's in a naturally monster-free zone, so we should be fine.. And with everyone else busy right now, it's a great opportunity to go there when it isn't crowded.."

Syr - "Ah whatever. I'm sure it'll be great to just soak in the rays from up high."

Syr - "Ooh, we should pack a picnic..!"

Nyr - "A-Already ahead of you there!"

Syr - "Aha, nice.."

Nyr - "..Soo.."

Syr - "Yeah yeah."

She crawls out of the bed with a big stretch, rematerializing the rest of her outfit.