Chapter Five - Free Real Estate

It's about noon, Nyr is sprawled out, drooling on the floor of their room at the inn when she comes to.

She takes in the messy room with the sight of a slumbering girl and sits upright.

Nyr - "Sheesh.. She really must've zonked out last night.."

Syr - "AHH!"

Syr jolts awake with a terse scream.

Looking around she finds herself and a certain huntress in their underwear.

Nyr - "Woah- Are you ok..?"

Syr - "Oww.. What the hell happened last night??"

Nyr - "Ehh.. I got you really drunk.."

Syr - "What.."

Nyr - "I-I mean we! We got

Nyr - "I-I mean we! We got.. plastered.. I.. think it was fun though..?"

Syr - "..Ughh.. Do you remember anything that happened..?"

Nyr - "I'm.. not really sure.."

Syr - "The last thing I remember is getting the sword then coming here to eat.."

Nyr - "Yeah.. And then my memory trails from after we got out of the bath and I put you to sleep.."

Nyr ~ Though I find it seriously troubling this VR tech has a way to either erase memories or prevent them from forming, that's an issue for another time..

Syr - "So then, why am I naked?? Why are you naked?? And on the floor?"

Looking at her in this moment brought a flush to her face.

Nyr - "I-It's just our underwear.. I wasn't about to try and dress you for bed after you got tired in the bath.. And I.. didn't want to sleep in dirty clothes or disturb you all hogging the bed there.."

Syr - "Jeez.."

Syr had a pulsing headache, their clothes were strewn all over the floor along with Nyr, and the table was an absolute mess of dirty plates and glasses.

And that's when she saw it.

A rather ravenous rascal was gorging itself on the leftover food scraps on the table.

Syr - "Ack! What the hell is that?!"

Nyr follows her gaze to the table to see the creature she had captured the night before.

She then looks to her pouch whose flap is suspiciously open.

Nyr - "Ah heck.. I wanted this to be a surprise.."

Syr - "Wha..?? I think this counts as a surprise!!"

Nyr - "Uhh.. Ta da..! I got you a pet!"

Syr - "Why is it rummaging on the table?!"