Chapter XXI - Talon

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Friday 17th, April, 22:30.

New Jersey,

Gotham City,

East End.

It had been easy to find Naruto after she took the advice of Alfred, frustratingly easy in fact. She was not perfect, she knew that. Everyone, no matter how good, were prone to make mistakes and overlook key details. Barbara knew that even Bruce could make these mistakes.

However, she knew that he never did when it counted.

Finding the answer to the quandary of whether Naruto was Black Hood was so obvious that it frustrated her to how blind she had been. A quick tracking of Naruto using the computer in the Batcave had quickly pinpointed his location and from there, it was matter of travelling through Gotham to his location.

Honestly, the fact that she had stressed out over this for so long was annoying when the answer had been so obvious was frustrating.

But then again, perhaps that's why she had overlooked it. So used to searching deeper and desperate for the hidden clues, she never took a step back and looked at the bigger picture. She never lost sight of her end goal, but she never looked at the easier ways of finding the truth simply because they were too obvious. In her line of work, the obvious answer was almost always the wrong one.

And so after little over week, she was presented with the chance to gain some answers.

When tracking his phone, the computer had quickly pinpointed his location to be in the northern sector of the East End, the most rundown and crime ridden part of the East End. Naruto himself rarely ever entered that area and considering his apartment was in the south, closer to Gotham Heights then it beggared the question as to what exactly he was doing there?

From what she knew, Naruto himself had no real reason to go there. But Black Hood, well he has the perfect reason for being there. It was where crime thrived, even under Batmans watchful gaze.

Though why he was here was another question entirely. The police, Batman and herself had already torn apart this area in their search for the caches of a Fearless Toxin. None had been found.

So why was he here?

Looking down at the figure of Black Hood as he peaked down over the side of a building at where she could see a group of thugs working tirelessly to carry some sort of contraband into the relatively nice looking building across the street.

It was not run down like most buildings, so it kind of stood out in this area of town, but even then it was not saying much. It still had a few broken windows and copious amounts of graffiti on the side. Still, it was much better to look at than the rest of the apartments and houses that looked like rundown junkie joints. Which she knew from prior knowledge that they actually were just that, or most of them were anyway.

Some served as conference centres for shady business dealings between criminals, others were storage areas.

Activating her holographic computer connected to her wrist watch, Barbara looked at the beeping blip on the map, a blip that was in the exact same position of Black Hood.