Chapter LVII - Unlikely Allies

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Saturday 4th July, 16:00.

Louisiana,

Highway.

"Come on man, you're telling me that you don't find her hot?" One of the guards driving the prison transport van asked dubiously. He was young in comparison to his parters who sat beside him with an irritated look upon his face.

"I'm saying that I wouldn't want to fuck her, unlike you." His partner replied irritably as the driver barked out a laugh. "She's nineteen and I'm married with a kid on the way."

The driver sighed. "Yea I know, you've already said that." Turning the wheel slightly, the driver turned left off the main highway following after the police car in front of them. "But I'm on about if you weren't married and were the same age as me."

"And how old are you exactly?" His partner asked honestly wondering how someone so childish was stuck with the responsibility of transporting a dangerous criminal like Killer Frost. It honestly astounded him.

"Twenty-one."

"That at least makes things a little better." Upon seeing the driver about to speak, the guard shook his head. "And no, my answers still no. I wouldn't because one, she's a criminal. And secondly, she's a criminal with control over ice. She'd probably kill you before or after she's had sex with you."

"Yea, but that's why we have those collars." The driver responded nonchalantly.

"There's something wrong with you." The guard replied with a shake of his head.

"Yea, fuck you too." Putting his foot on the brake, the driver pushed it down slowing the truck in response to the police car in front of them looked to see a figure stood in the middle of the road ahead of them. It was a young woman from what they could see in a black body suit with an orange and black mask on her face. "What is that? Is that a bazooka?!" The driver exclaimed in shock as he saw the woman raise a bazooka up and fire.

The rocket slammed into the police car in front of them causing it to explode in shower of fire and metal. Trying his best to avoid police car in front of them, the driver sharply turned to the wheel, but the sudden movement and the unfortunate act of a wheel hitting a piece of wreckage caused it to flip onto its side, skidding across the ground.

"Shit!"

-X- Line Break -X-

Groaning, Crystal raised one hand to her head and rubbed her temples. She didn't even know what had happened, only one minute ago she had been staring at the guard currently in the back with her, trying to entice him to come towards her so that she could try and escape from her binds. Then all she had heard was an explosion and then the truck she was in was suspended in the air before it slammed into the ground, Frost slamming her head into the wall behind her.

She had temporarily seen stars before she finally managed to regain some sense of herself and looked to see the guard unconscious on the ground. Unfortunately for her he was out of reach so she couldn't use the keys on his side to undo her cuffs.

Gunfire outside turned her attention away as she heard the sound of the police firing at whoever had attacked the convoy. She didn't know how many there were, all she knew was that someone was killing the police who had been tasked with being transporting her and she would not deny, she was a little wary.